Ch.16 Sick

~Y/n pov~

My head pounded, making me wince as I peeled my eyes open and fumbled around for my phone.

An alarm was blaring from it, increasing the pain in my head.

Eventually, I managed to turn the alarm off and turned over, pulling the covers over my head.

I felt a stabbing pain in my stomach but I didn't want to eat because of the sickly feeling.

A knock at my bedroom door broke me out of my thoughts.

My Dad slowly opened the door and peered at me.

He frowned and stepped into the room, placing his hand on my forehead.

"You're sick but I have to leave for America today for work." He seemed to contemplate for a moment before adding, "I have no choice but to cancel."

"No." I coughed as my throat felt like sandpaper, "Don't cancel your trip for me."

Dad frowned as he stared at my sickly face, "If you really insist on me going.. I'll at least send someone to take care of you."

"What was that?" I asked, not hearing the last part of the sentence.

"See you in a few days." He smiled mysteriously as he left the room.

I sighed, reluctantly crawling out of my bed to go to the bathroom to at least freshen up and brush the tangled mess I call my hair.

~*~

I was startled out of my half asleep state by a knock on the door.

Who the hell would be coming to my house?

After a few seconds, they knocked again.

I whined in pain and stood up, stumbling my way clumsily down the stairs and to the front door.

Unlocking the door, I swung it open and was surprised to see Taehoon standing there, scowling.

Taehoon looked up when the door opened and walked straight in, leaning over me to shut the door behind him as he grabbed my freezing hand and dragged me to the kitchen.

He led me over to a chair and placed a plastic bag, which I now noticed he was holding, on the counter.

"Your Dad told me you were sick." Taehoon stated as he pressed his hand against my clammy forehead.

I tried to lean away from his hand but was met with a glare.

Taehoon huffed and moved to ruffle my hair, a small smile playing on his lips before he turned around.

"Stay still. I'll make something." He instructed as he pulled ingredients out of the bag and made his way around my kitchen as if it were his own.

He hasn't even been in the kitchen that much but he seems to know where everything is.

Taehoon effortlessly chopped vegetables as I stared at his broad back.

I smiled to myself as I watched him. I hadn't eaten all day so the smell of cooking made my stomach growl.

The brown haired boy chuckled.

~*~

Taehoon placed the bowl in front of me, steam rising from the piping hot soup.

The smell was mouth watering.

He moved to sit beside me and grabbed the spoon as I protested.

"I can feed myself." I whined, my cheeks flushing although I could just blame it on being sick.

"Let me do it." Taehoon grumbled, moving the spoon towards me and blowing gently on the soup.

Reluctantly, I leaned forward and put the spoon in my mouth, swallowing the tasty soup.

Embarrassment radiated off my body as Taehoon continued to feed me. My cheeks must've been as red as tomatoes.

My body felt warm as I ate the soup, the pain in my stomach reducing and the nauseous feeling lessening.

I groaned tiredly and rested my head on my arms as Taehoon patted my head and stood up while holding my empty bowl.

He disappeared from my line of sight, which is why I was so startled when I felt myself being lifted moments later.

Taehoon laughed at my startled expression and held me closer as he leaned down and pressed a kiss against my forehead.

I smiled tiredly in response and rested my head against his chest, my insides feeling warm and gooey.

"Thank you.." I hesitated for a moment, wondering if this was the right timing or not, "I love you."

There was a momentary silence before I heard his response.

"I love you too, N/n."

He leant down, placing me back in my cocoon of blankets as he grabbed the tv remote and switched it on, turning the volume to a lower level.

An episode of (favourite show) started playing half way through as I had paused it and turned the tv off the previous day.

Taehoon sat down on the other side of my bed and grabbed the bundle of blankets, which contained me, pulling them into his arms.

I shuffled into a more comfortable position and rested my head comfortably against his shoulder as he tightened his hold on me.

He seemed to be thinking deeply about something as he stared blankly at the floor and then moved to place his head against mine.

I felt warm and tingly from his actions as I turned my attention to the tv that was playing my favourite show.

As the episode was beginning to come to an end, I could feel my eyes drooping as I started to fall asleep.

All of a sudden, Taehoon's phone dinged.

He grumbled and moved to check it.

I peered over at the dimmed screen and saw a notification for Hobin's stream.

"Did he plan on streaming today?" I mumbled.

"How should I know?" Taehoon responded, clicking on the notification.

After seeing that Hobin wasn't fighting and was instead 'marrying Gaeul', Taehoon abruptly turned off his phone, quickly losing interest.

I blinked slowly, turning my attention back to the tv to see the end of the episode.

My movements were sluggish as I reached for the remote.

Taehoon noticed and grabbed the remote, placing it in my hand.

I turned the tv off and closed my eyes, snuggling into Taehoon.

"Sleep well.."

~*~

________________________________
1023 words

A/n I'm doing a couple of short chapters before moving onto the runaway fam arc