Ch.19 Imposter (sus)

~Y/n pov~

Hansu had grounded Taehoon so I had barely seen him recently, although I had snuck over a few times to see him.

I had heard from Hobin that Bomi had been attack and was in the hospital. He was pissed and blamed himself for it.

It seems like we are being targeted again.

Hobin holed himself up in a room while I sat on the sofa with Gaeul and Snapper.

For some reason, my phone started vibrating continuously.

I grabbed it and saw tons of notifications.

'You need to see this - link '

Did something happen?

Clicking on the link, a Newtube video started to load.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Baek Seongjun."

Holy shit.

Snapper and Gaeul whipped their heads around so fast to stare at my screen in astonishment.

"Oh my god." Snapper gasped.

We quickly made our way to the room Hobin was in.

"Hobin?" I knocked gently before opening the door to see him sat on a chair with his head down, "You need to see this."

He was surprised when we all barged in but his surprise and confusion only increased when he saw the person on the phone screen.

"I've returned." Seongjun bowed to the camera.

"It's not possible, right?" I asked Hobin, knowing he was there when Seongjun died.

"No way. He died..." Hobin furrowed his brows.

"Woah, look at how fast the comments are going." Snapper exclaimed as the comments flew up the screen so fast they couldn't be read.

"How did this happen?" Gaeul added.

Someone donated and the comment stayed on the screen for a few seconds.

[ if you're real, could you explain your funeral?]

"I expected a question like that." The imposter (sus) smirked, "I was dead then, since I had to do whatever I could to survive. The fact that I'm alive is a miracle."

I tuned out his voice, not caring what else he had to say.

"What should we do, Hobin?" Snapper asked the quiet male.

"It's too suspicious. How can you expect the viewers to believe this?" Hobin stated.

"Actually..." Gaeul trailed off as she pointed to the comments.

"I can't believe this." I added, "What now? He's clearly a fake."

"I'll have to confirm his identity with my own eyes." Hobin gave us a look of determination.

~*~

I sighed at the situation and left, ditching the meeting about Baek Seongjun before it started.

There's not much we can do unless we have proof he isn't really Seongjun.

Scaling up the building, I knocked gently on the window.

Taehoon opened the window and grabbed my hand, helping me into my room.

"You don't have to keep coming to see me." He chuckled, gently ruffling my hair.

I smiled, "Of course I will. Did you see it?"

"Baek Seongjun?" Taehoon scoffed, "What a fucking joke.."