Ch.21 Hospital

~Y/n pov~

The doctors were unsure of when Taehoon would wake up. There was a chance he wouldn't wake up at all.

I frowned as I sat beside the bed, looking at his unconscious form.

His expression was blank, an oxygen mask over his face, showing the severity of his situation.

His dad stood next to me, his fists clenched.

Hobin stood next to him, crying.

Even in his injured state, he was ethereal.

Taehoon's pale skin was flawless, his face was pretty and his eyelashes were long.

I was startled as Taehoon's eyes shot open and he suddenly shot up, removing the oxygen mask.

"What's up with this atmosphere?" Taehoon asked casually as his Dad and Hobin both looked up in surprise to see him sitting up, looking perfectly fine.

Hobin moved so fast as he grabbed Taehoon.

Taehoon frowned and pushed him away, "Why are you wailing like a baby? Have you ever seen a person die from getting shot?"

Hobin just cried in response.

His almost comedic sadness made the tears building up in my eyes evaporate.

Taehoon turned to me and smiled, reaching out and grabbing my hand, "I'm okay."

His eyes scanned my body for injuries and he seemed satisfied to see I wasn't too badly injured.

A nurse came in after hearing he was awake and made us all leave so they could clean his injuries.

Taehoon squeezed my hand reassuringly before letting go as I followed reluctantly behind Hobin.

Hobin had calmed down now and wiped his tears.

Hansu's face was unreadable but he was clearly relieved that Taehoon had woken up and was alright.

There was an awkward silence for a few moments as we sat in the waiting room together, then Hansu turned to Hobin expectantly.

The next few minutes were spent with Hobin explaining the whole situation and what had happened.

~*~

I fiddled with a loose thread on the basket.

Taehoon had been refusing to eat the hospital food, understandably, and had instead been eating snacks.

Neatly cut fruit stared up at me from within the basket. At least he can eat something healthy.

The past few days I've been spending my time at the hospital since I normally spend most of my time with Taehoon and at the minute he's here.

I'm just glad that he pulled through and was alright after taking a bullet wound. I was seriously worried about him and struggled to sleep until I knew he was somewhat okay.

I sighed, pulling open the hospital door.

Taehoon was lounging on the bed, a bag of crisps in his hands.

I placed the basket down on the bedside table as he peered into it, inspecting the cut up fruit.

"Is this for me?" He asked and without waiting for an answer, grabbed some apple slices and ate them.

"Who else would they be for?" I joked, a smile on my face although it didn't meet my eyes.

He seemed to notice my exhaustion and fake smiles almost instantly.