Food solves everything, right?

I woke in fright as a hand shook me, the light on. The man gave me a concerned look and sighed, he held a towel in his hands.

"Morning, sorry I didn't know that'd scare you. Here, go and have a shower, I'll start warming up the car and getting ready to go, I'll meet you outside" he told me. I smiled and thanked him tiredly, yawning into my hand.

I hugged the towel close and limped into the bathroom, closing the door, the soap and hair stuff all seemed so fancy, I felt bad using it, but at the same time, it felt amazing washing away the dirt and sweat that had been clinging to me. My hair soft to the touch, needing a haircut I think.

I dried myself and there was a note under a toothbrush.

'Here is a spare toothbrush we had in a pack, feel free to take it with you' it read. I smiled and cleaned my teeth, drying the toothbrush then stuffing it in my pocket. I placed the towel into the laundry and headed outside, meeting the man and sitting in the passenger seat. He was tapping his fingers to some music on the radio.

I checked my watch warily.

6:00 am, ok that's not bad I suppose.

I turned my attention back to the car windows, things looking more familiar. He pulled up besides the park and I looked around in surprise, it's only been 20 minutes!

I got out, thanking him repeatedly. He laughed and waved my gratitude off, not knowing that behind the gratitude was an ugly growing blob of fear ripping away at me.

"Don't mention it, you be safe" he said, I closed the door and he slowly drove off. I sighed and turned around, walking along the park. The whole place lively and filled with tired people walking to work. I sat on a bench, freaking out. I know I need to be the one to go to the neutral place, but I want to live.

I'm shocked I haven't been dragged into a car and taken somewhere to face something horrible.

7:00

I really need to get off my ass! I stood and limped towards the road, staring down the street to my old job. I took a deep breath and trudged onwards. I don't even know why I'm going there, I do know my old boss will be there, preparing to open the shop in an hour. It took me 10 minutes to reach the entrance and I slowly slipped the healing crystal necklace over my head, tucking it safely under my shirt.

I watched him set up the tables and hum to himself, he looked to me in surprise and hurriedly opened the door.

"Taylor?! What are you doing here? I'm sorry I had to fire you, I just couldnt contact you" he gushed.

"It's ok... I was just waiting for you to open, so I could eat" I mumbled, his eyes widened.

"Oh dear, Taylor, I'm so sorry... Come in, you can eat early, I've got some warm food you can have" he rushed. He led me inside and shut the door, dissapearing into the kitchen and rushing around. He came back with a plate and toasted sandwiches.

I ate them and thanked him, taking a drink from my bottle, he refilled it with cold water and I thanked him again, he shook his head, baffled and gave me a concerned look.

"Please get some rest, you still don't look any better" he muttered.

"I did spend a week in the hospital" I mumbled, he frowned and shook his head, seeming incredibly sad.

"You poor thing. Go home, please" he murmured, I didn't have the heart to tell him that I don't have one. I left and waved to him. I headed down and paused as a man kicked a pole.

"Nah, we're done, go fuck yourself, can't believe I spent money on a cake for you" he snapped into his phone, he held a bag and paced.

"Oh, you're not having a piece of it now! It's going to someone who probably deserves it more!" He yelled, seeming furious, he caught my eye and stormed over, I stepped back, wide eyed.