The cops duty

I sat awake in my room, staring at a wall, trying to not think of everything that had happened, I didn't even have my phone to distract me. A loud noise made me jolt and yelp in surprise, I looked around anxiously, the sound was coming from the opposite side of the room.

I anxiously snuck over as best as I could while being injured, I clung onto the bed and moved down onto one knee, my body shaking and my mind empty. I peeked under my bed, half expecting a bomb, despite the fact the noise was more musical than that of a clock.

The only thing down there was my phone.

The phone which I didn't come home with.

I froze and lifted my gaze, examining the closet doors, my blood running cold. The phone fell silent before ringing again, I picked it up and Hunter's name was flashing above a blue default image, the light blue human shape making it seem even more dangerous. I slowly accepted the call, not willing to anger him.

"Took you long enough" growled Hunter, I stayed silent, my mouth feeling dry. "Not going to speak? You better not have me on mute" he continued, his voice becoming calm and dangerous.

"Hi?" I squeaked, not really sure what to say, if I hadn't spoken, he might of gotten angry, and I don't want to be hurt further.

"Good, you have an errand to run, I need you down on Freekly Avenue, you will be picking up some food" explained Hunter, I slowly nodded, knowing full well that I wouldn't be doing that, oh right, he can't see me. "I have an order under your name at the barbecue place, I expect you to be quick about it" he explained further, every word from his mouth sent nervous tingles along my body.

The phone fell silent, I looked down at it, the home screen was the same, Juliet and I posing dramatically, I scanned through my phone. I looked at my contacts, they'd added each of them in, I felt tears threaten to spill down my face, I brushed them away and used the bed to hoist my body up.

I stumbled to the closet and got dressed, I need the police, why didn't I go to the police earlier?! I struggled to pull up my pants, the rubbing fabric a strange new hell against the bandages.

I limped from the room, tucking my phone into my jacket pocket, I tried to remember where the police station was and sighed in relief when a sign pointed me in the right direction. I approached the doors and watched the police walk around calmly, I took a deep breath and pushed open the door, ignoring how my anxiety made me feel guilty for using police time.

"Hello, can we help you?" Asked a woman, she wore a police uniform and was  scrutinising me suspiciously.

"Could I.. I'm sorry I've never done this before, oh right, hello, sorry, I'm quite nervous" I rambled, suddenly unable to find my tongue, this felt so intimidating, I didn't understand why, it's just the police.

"What is the problem?" She asked, her face becoming gentle and her words soft.

"Some people-" I began, unable to find words, my heart was hammering wildly, other officers moved closer curiously. "The hounds and Silvers! They-" I stammered, the woman's face hardened, I gulped, wishing I could find the strength to just speak.

"Come Taylor, let's discuss this privately" offered an officer, I nodded eagerly, they all looked at each other, before I was led off to a private room, relief flooding through me. Why didn't I do this earlier? I just need to tell them what the two leaders look like and they'll arrest them!

Well they'd have to catch them first I guess.

"Take a seat" instructed an officer, I eagerly sat on a cold plastic chair, staring into the shadowed eyes of the one standing in front of me. "Please, tell us what's happened" encouraged the officer, I took a deep breath.