familiar face

"Taylor, I don't want to wake you, but do you want to have a shower and change, I did check your injuries, you may have some difficulties showering, but the medicine should numb the pain" came a voice, something shaking me. I groaned, opening my eyes, my eye hurt to open.

"What's going on?" I gasped, sitting up, I cringed as pain flared up and looked to Kevin, he gently rubbed some cream into a nasty welt.

"Although the shower may get rid of the cream, I will just reapply it" he explained, I looked down at myself, just in a bra, bruises and welts covered one side of my body, some scratches and closed wounds, a blood littered shirt lay beside me. I blushed and closed my eyes realising I was just in my underwear, my pants on the ground.

"Oh, I'm sorry, don't worry, you will have fresh clothes in the bathroom, I apologise for stripping you in your sleep, I felt it'd be the least traumatic way to check over you" he explained, I squinted opened my eyes and looked at him.

"Has anyone else seen me?" I asked quietly, embarrassed and hurt, I can understand the fact he can't help me fully clothed.

"Yes, I won't lie to you. Daryl wanted to see the extent of the damage and Toby helped get some stuff to put on your injuries. You're lucky Hunter didn't hit your head as much, you will have a black eye and some pain for a while. Daryl is considering letting you stay in the private hospital for another week, to give you the best care. He is pissed about that option, as that'll mean he gets limited time to make use of you, but your wellbeing in far more important, that's why I pushed for him to do it. Though since it's all fresh, it probably just looks worse then what it is, so I'll wait till later to get a better idea." he explained, I groaned in pain and embarrassment.

He sounds so professional... It's wierd, is something going to happen? I don't understand why him and Toby have changed so much towards me... Wouldn't it be better if they weren't nice or caring?

"Not like I have much choice with anything anyway" I sighed, he watched me as I forced myself to stand, gritting my teeth, I pressed my bad foot to the ground, putting slight pressure on my toes.

"I can help" offered Kevin, I examined him.

"I'm used to doing it myself" I muttered, I limped to the bathroom, trying to ignore the pain. I shut the door and looked at the mirror. I had bruises along one side of my body, a black eye, red welts, cuts and scratches from his heel and the belt.

I took a deep breath, completely burnt out of my emotions, simply turning away and beginning to shower myself. I suppose it could have been worse. I could be dead. My nose could be broken or any of my bones really...

I got out, brushing my teeth, examining the toothbrush, I gave a bitter laugh, it's the one the kind family had given me. I dressed into some loose clothes of mine. They get to choose how I look, because noone has given me my stuff back...

I opened the door and watched Kevin look up at me, he was scanning through some things.

"So when will I get my stuff back?" I asked, he examined me and sighed, my sadness had turned into bitterness, I'm worried I'm going to act out and get myself in more trouble then I already am.

"It's not really something I can say. Daryl wants us keeping your stuff, to prevent you from running off. So I don't think ever" he explained, I examined him, scowling slightly.

"Figures. It's not like I can have anything anyway. Just be taken from me and I can't say a thing about it" I snapped, I covered my mouth, giving him a wary look, I shouldn't snap at the people who can hurt me.

He examined me, nodding his head.

"Frustrating hey?" He mumbled, giving me a slight smile, I glared at a wall and leant my sore body against it.