Where to go?

I sat nervously, clutching the ice-pack against any bruises which had the gall to start stinging at any random moment, it was a good thing that Daryl was distracted by the movie. I startled away from him as he stood up suddenly, I warily watched him walk out of the room, he dragged out my suitcase, it rolled behind him noisily as the flimsy wheels spun around.

"You should get going, it's late" stated Daryl, I grabbed the handle of my suitcase and leant on it as I stood up carefully. I felt his cold gaze on me as I limped to the main door, I hurt all over, yet I can't stop moving.

I shut the door behind me and limped along the cracked concrete path, I stuck close to the walls, avoiding people as I traveled in a random direction. I rubbed a hand along my neck, the ring had left a burn around my neck, I wonder if its obvious, I hope not.

"Baby girl, I didn't see you at the party" came a snickering voice, I stuck my middle finger up at him before limping off, I didn't even look at him.

"So rude, you can't even speak to me" he grumbled, I shouldn't have done that, if he were like everyone else I've annoyed for no reason, Then he would be shoving a knife into my chest.

I stared at the cracked path and trudged onwards, my injured leg stinging at each limp forward. I stopped and stared at the grocery store, I let out a sigh and examined how the setting sun made it look somehow ominous, I shuddered.

I walked past it, looking around carefully, there weren't as many people walking around now, it felt nearly deserted if not for the cars zipping past. I've done this before, walked around at night, quite a few times, when I was depressed, when I was looking at the pretty lights, I could remember doing it after my fourteenth birthday, I was suffering from my self image and was anorexic.

I sat on a park seat, a playground sat empty in front of me. I remember I met those friends of mine then, not like we've talked since though. I was puking into a McDonald's toilet, and they were there for me and helped me feel better about myself.

I smiled at the memory, Heath, Daisy and Trevor had been awesome friends, even though I only knew them for a few weeks, I wish they hadn't of left. I sighed and watched the wind blow the swing set, I glanced around and limped to my feet, I moved to a swing and propelled myself up and down, it was far easier then I remember it being as a kid, even with one leg. I gripped the metal chains which pinched the skin of my wrists, I flew higher and higher, feeling the wind rush past me.

"Hey! Dad! Do I look like I'm able to look after myself! Fuck you!" I shouted, my voice echoed down the empty road, the dark sky above made it seem even more ominous.

I let the swing slowly move to a stop, I just stared blankly ahead. I moved away from the swing once it stopped moving, I grabbed the suitcase and moved to the bushes, I lay down using the case as a crutch.

I pulled out a peach and slowly ate it, I need to conserve food, but for some reason I'm starving. I finished it and threw the pip further into the bushes, I lay on the rough ground and tried to sleep, I've never slept like this before, it felt like hours until exhaustion finally pushed my body to sleep. I woke up quickly to a loud ringing, I sat up and rifled through my pockets, I pulled out my phone and gave it a disgusted look, why hasn't the battery died. A message from Daryl was on my lock screen and a missed call from Hunter, I sighed and got onto the message.

Daryl: Still don't know your way home? Or are you just hiding from us?

I scowled at it and watched my phone vibrate in my hand, Hunter was calling again.

"Hello" I tiredly greeted, what idiot dumbly says 'hello' to a gang leader?!

"I don't appreciate having to call twice Taylor, I want you to meet me on Zees Drive, be there quickly" he instructed, I froze, as if I know where that is! The phone fell silent and I moved it to face me, I turned on my data nervously and began looking for it quickly, I stared at the distance, a thirty minute walk... Which makes it an hour limp.