Assassin rules

I opened my eyes, glancing around, wincing at a tightness around my neck, stiff and sore. I looked to the roof for a moment, a familiar light hanging from the ceiling. I frowned, how did I get back here?

I pulled myself up, gasping at the pain flaring up through one side of my body. I groaned, shaking my head and looked around. I lay on the bed, looking in confusion as Daryl and Kevin spoke together quietly by the door.

"What happened? Why am I here? Did you use that stuff that knocks me out?" I questioned, sore and confused, my mind fuzzy.

"Nah, you fell asleep on me, out like a light, your body needed the rest. I put your ice cream in the freezer" chuckled Kevin, Daryl examined me, calculating, still looking slightly annoyed, I hope it's not directed at me...

"You will be resting. I brought in your mini fridge you left at the rental house. So you'll have food, and water, I have already put a few bottles in there alongside fruit. Medical kit, in case you need it, is inside a drawer, as is a lot of your clothes." Daryl explained, pointing to a small wooden set of drawers. My familiar fridge sat besides it, I eyed the familiar object with a sense of surrealism.

"When did you get it?" I asked in confusion, he sighed, I tensed a little, rubbing my bruised arm warily.

"I got it while Nick was around. Your roommates say they hope you're doing well, and good luck, by the way" he commented. I nodded slowly, a small smile twitching on my lips, I can already guess which ones said that, it was nice living with them. I miss that part of renting. Tears filled my eyes at the memory of life not being this hard.

"Thank you" I mumbled, staring at my lap, Daryl's gaze on me, as cold as always.

"Just get some rest. We will be coming over through the week, it's midnight, I need to go. Taylor-" I looked up at Daryl nervously, he sounds so serious. "-you'll be ok, I promise" he finished, his voice suddenly becoming softer, the shift in attitude and unexpected comfort made me think I had hallucinated, he left and I looked to Kevin who laughed.

"Don't look so surprised, he's a decent guy, he just has to act tougher and meaner then he is in front of others, no weakness allowed for him and the other leaders" chuckled Kevin.

"Shut up and get home!" Snapped Daryl, Kevin laughed and turned to step through the doorway, hesitating and holding the door.

"Most people don't want to hurt you. Especially not Daryl. I know we talk about you in front of others pretty harshly, but it's necessary. He dragged you into this and he dosen't want you to suffer, he isn't as bad as he seems. Hunter on the other hand... He's just a drug dealer who's been playing gang leader for 10 years. He's as bad as he seems, just with some morals he won't cross" he gently explained, giving me a warm and tired smile.

"Then why do they hurt me?" I asked somberly.

"How many times has Daryl himself hurt you?" Asked Kevin, giving me a wink and closing the door behind him. I paused, I have no clue the answer to that... He's punished me a few times, threatened me... He gripped my face painfully I think... I'm not sure.

I sighed, grabbing a bottle of water from my fridge and sitting back on the bed, cringing as the pain in my side flared up. I lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Now I'm even more confused" I muttered. Has Daryl directly hurt me? I can't really remember, all the past fear and pain has sort of accumulated into a spotty blob of fear.

I opened my eyes, looking around, covered in a cold sweat, tears running down my cheeks and my body stiff and sore. What happened? I remember beginning to think about stuff... I don't feel like I fell asleep, the sky still dark through the window.