Old friends

The movie continued to play, Nick pulling me against his side once more. The movie coming to an end. I felt nearly comfortable, being held so protectively. Nick may be a gang leader, but he's nothing like Daryl or Hunter and somehow Daryl is acting...  Nicer? Maybe, or maybe I'm just more obedient and so he's just had no reason to be mad at me. He did allow Hunter to beat me, he did put me through terrifying punishments... I think I'm completely ruined by it all.

"Taylor, we need to head off." Daryl's voice cut through my thoughts. I nodded.

"Ok," I mumbled. Nick smiled at me, I don't get why he's so nice to me. I'm just the errand girl, Hunter's toy technically, based on what Kevin and Toby said...

I stood, Suzy bouncing up and hugging me, her warmth and softness needed.

"I'll be here" she mumbled into my ear. Pulling away and grinning, before shaking Nick's shoulder and pouting.

"Nick! Let's get going! We have so much to sort now!" Gushed Suzy. Daryl grabbed my arm, directing me to the garage. I entered his car quietly.

"You are expected to be on your best behaviour. Just because we don't want you hurt, doesn't mean that the other criminals will be in on it. When I ask you to sit with me, you need to sit either beside me or if there's no room, on my knee. I know it will be uncomfortable and maybe distressing depending on the act I put on. But always follow my instructions and hopefully, they won't harass you, or cause issues that way" Daryl explained, his voice cold and smooth, his eyes forward. I frowned, that does sound awkward and uncomfortable, though... I don't want even more criminals harassing or hurting me.

"I have a question..." I mumbled, I didn't mean to change the topic, but the apprehension was eating away at me, so I focused on something that I remembered while watching the movie.

"What is it?!" He barked, I flinched, unsure what the temper was for.

"Well... On that day you let Hunter beat me-" I watched him carefully, his grip tightening on the wheel. He keeps staring forward. "-He drilled... Well beat into my head, that I'm the errand girl, that I'm not allowed to leave... And that he's my everything... I know you have let me insult him, but what is everyone now... No one wants Hunter near me, so his lesson really hasn't had much..." I let my voice drift off. What is everyone to me now?!

"Suppose Nick is the highest ranking. So following that logic, he'd be your everything. Not that Nick would ever call himself that. I don't want to discuss what I am to you. I shouldn't have let Hunter have his way that day, I think it made him overconfident... Why he bruised your pretty little face again. Think of the big boss as your personal god. He's pulling the strings and diverting your life further than I even expected" muttered Daryl.

"I'm sorry for trying to run... I'd just lost my rental and I didn't know what to do... I was stupid" I mumbled, that pure panic was horrible, and Hunter just so easily beating me up as I screamed and begged, no wonder I'm such a mess now.

"I suppose it wasn't the fairest thing. We brought up the incident to the big boss, he was furious at us. He knows Hunter is brutal, though it was while you were in hospital. The big boss was furious at us, especially me. It was then, that Hunter grew bored and frustrated at having you around. Whether or not he said it before then, it was never honest until after the hospital. I don't know why I'm telling you this, you'll just forget" he sighed, the car coming to a stop.

"Go inside and change into the dress on your bed. There is a pair of shorts" he said, I felt embarrassed that he'd think I'd just forget, though I suppose I have forgotten some things. Instead of questioning why he wanted me in a dress like I really wanted to, I just went to the building I was staying in. I stared at the blue sky, it didn't feel like it should still be day.