Secrets and relationships

I sat in silence, glancing at Daryl from time to time. Kevin seems to have finally encouraged him to leave, leading him to the garage, Daryl trying to walk with confidence despite the tired swagger. I watched him leave, concern eating away at me.

I don't see Daryl as a liar, he has no reason to and he's been pretty honest so far... But what if a gang member does something? What if Hunter finds out? So far Daryl seems to be keeping Juliette distanced and out of danger, but what happens if I do something wrong? Make a mistake?!

"Seems you have all of tomorrow to meet your friends. Daryl isn't the kind of guy to do anything involving family or close friends, even lovers unless he has to. Known him long enough to notice that he seems to always avoid having to go that far. He won't do anything about those two, he'll make sure he never has to. It's one reason why the big boss respects him" Trevor mumbled.

"But what if someone else does something?" I found myself asking, the question leaving my mouth before I could even think clearly. I stared at the TV and twiddled my fingers nervously.

"Aren't you happy to see her?" Asked Nick, he sounded confused, I don't understand what's so confusing about it.

"Daryl won't let someone else do something. He'll probably pretend it's because he doesn't want 'suspicion', but he's never allowed it. Kinda wasn't hard to figure out his morals" Trevor chuckled.

"He's still a mystery, tight-lipped about himself" Nick stated.

"You all are not allowed to ask! His secrets are his!" Exclaimed Suzy, surprising me. I looked back at her, she was surprisingly glowering.

"You know all of his secrets" Nick pointed out.

"I do. Not telling you both." She stated, she pushed out of Nick's hold and crossed her arms.

"When a daughter betrays her father" Nick feigned hurt, clutching his heart.

"No jokes. It's very important to keep it a secret. Even the big boss said so!" She huffed, the seriousness in her face unsettling, she seemed nearly disgusted. Daryl's secrets must be very important.

"We're not prying into his life. I promise Suzy. We just understand his morals, mostly. You can't blame us for being curious though. Where even the boss won't allow us to investigate" mumbled Trevor.

"Curiosity is dangerous. Respect his privacy" warned Suzy. I wasn't expecting this hostility from her, the sudden change and defence for Daryl shocking. I think Toby and Kevin might know something too.

"Right, sorry for bringing it up Suzy" Nick apologised, his expression serious, but his words soft. Suzy seemed so dark and hostile, a bitterness in her eyes.

"You left your teddy in the car," I told her, watching her, watching how her expression immediately changed.

"I forgot Mr bear!" She exclaimed, the childish fun returning just as quickly, I watched her run off. She's loyal I suppose. Even getting angry at the man that saved her and became a father to her, for him bringing up Daryl's secrets.

"She always gets that way when discussing Daryl's secrets." Sighed Trevor.

"It must be important and big" stated Nick. I could hear the sound of a car and chatter, Toby walking in with Suzy who was lugging her huge toy. She was smiling again, Toby talking about his own teddies... Gang people are not what I expected.

"Oh Taylor, Daryl texted me. He wants me to take you to the building, he said you might be upset, so I brought ya this" Toby said, he held up a box of ice creams.

"I had ice cream for breakfast" I stammered.

"Well, you can have some for afternoon tea if you want as well" he chuckled. I slowly accepted one of the ice creams, coated in chocolate and began to bite at the chocolate. Watching him give one to Suzy and Trevor, eating the last one for himself.