Chapter 13: Michaels's New Relationship With Two-Hands & Rorke's Next Plan

Roanapur- Ghost's Apartment- Morning...

POV: Ghost

Ghost: *Sigh* (I fuckin' hate this.)

In his apartment, Ghost was sitting on a chair next to the kitchen table. After taking off his shirt and mask, showing his scarred and toned body. Eda was sitting by him, stitching the bullet wound on his right shoulder that he got from Roberta. Ashara was sleeping on the couch with Riley curled up beside her.

It's been hours after the fight with the Bloodhound. But the only thing on his mind is how Roberta and Garcia know his name and why they act like they just found their loved one that has been missing for years. But that doesn't matter to him.

Eda: You almost had her back at the port. I'm sorry I let this happen when the Russians got Ashara and me.

Ghost: Don't blame yourself. It would've happened sooner or later when I was battling against the Bloodhound. That fuckin' Russian bitch. Using Ashara as a hostage, who does she think she is?

Eda: Don't tell me you're going to war against the Russians. *Wipes the blood off his wound* I would hate to see you and your team get-

Ghost: I won't. She knows that if she ever does that again, she will lose everything she has built, and her empire will fall, just like every empire throughout history.

Eda: That's good to hear. (Thank the gods. Suppose a war broke out here if he and his team got involved. Shit, this place will be a total mess.)

She finished stitching on his wound and wiped the blood off with a wet cloth. Ghost stands up and rolls his right shoulder, stretching it.

Ghost: Thanks.

Eda: No problem, Tyler.

Ghost: Besides all the talking from you, you are good at this kind of stuff.

Eda: *Grins* What could I say, Ty. It's who I am, and don't forget; I used to be a soldier too.

Ghost: Right. I haven't forgotten.

He walks to Ashara and gently picks her up from the couch, and lays her down on the bed. From behind, Riley hops onto the bed and curls beside her. He used his finger to remove some hair strands from her face and tucked them behind her ears. Ghost walks back to the living room before closing the door behind him. He sees Eda, who is now comfortably sitting on the couch, with a grin.

Eda: That was very kind of you. You're like a father, looking after his child.

Ghost: Still practicing. The girl has been through a lot. I ask Laswell to give me any information about her. Hours later, she told me the girl came from an orphanage in the US, somewhere in Florida. And the parents were unknown. The Cartel must've taken her and brought her here for trafficking.

He sat beside her and crossed his legs on the coffee table.

Eda: Shit. I feel sorry for her. Even if she's quiet, she is a sweet girl.

Ghost: You two got along?

Eda: We did. She is very generous and kind. And very good with her hand signals. We didn't talk much, but enough to get to know each other. *Smile* She likes me.

Ghost: That's good to hear. You finally made another friend here in this messed-up city.

Eda: I sure did.

It was all quiet for a moment.

Eda: You're a good man to her, you know.

Ghost: Am I?