Chapter 22: Operation 'Just Cause' Part 1

Flashback—Panama—Afternoon...

Safehouse—Apartment Complex...

Twenty-four Hours Until The Start Of The Operation Just Cause...

It's been five days since Task Force Stalker snuck inside the capital city of Panama. In the busy city, there were a lot of PDFs (Panama Defense Force) patrolling through the street while everyone else was having a normal day.

Inside one of the apartments, Elias was looking through the window with his binoculars. He was scoping at the capital building where Noriega is located. They're about five to ten blocks away from the target building. Simon was also in the room, leaning against the wall.

Simon: How is it out there?

Elias puts away his binoculars and turns to him.

Elias: Same as usual, I guess? The PDFs are still patrolling the streets, still looking for any suspicious.

Simon: Too right.

Elias: Did they return yet?

Simon: No. Ajax and two of your boys are still out there. They are still doing their reconnaissance. Any word on central command?

Elias: No. Yesterday, Holland gave me the heads-up when the operation is a go. We have til tomorrow for preparation, and all hell breaks loose in this city.

Simon: Too right, Elias. This is gonna be a large-scale invasion.

Elias: *Hums* Simon, I have a task for your boy.

Simon: What kind of task?

Elias: Survey and search. I need him to search the city's west side and look for our spy.

Simon: Spy? Who is our spy?

Elias: Let's just say our spy is a CIA agent disguised as an office worker. The agent could sometimes be unpredictable.

Simon: I see. I'll inform him.

Simon walks to the door, but the commander stops him.

Elias: Simon.

Simon: *Stops* Yeah?

Elias: I need Tyler to dress up as a civilian. Make sure he has a sidearm with him and keep a low profile.

Simon: No need to worry, Elias. Tyler knows his stuff.

Elias only nods and turns back to the window. Simon exits the room to find Tyler. Walking through the hallway, he opens the door to the next room, only to see Tyler, Keegan, and Merrick.

Merrick: Come on, fucker! Drink up!

Merrick was pouring a gallon of water on the man's face, which was covered with a cloth. The man's arms and legs were strapped onto a flat rectangular table, laying flat. The man who was getting tortured was one of Noriega's top lieutenants.

Merrick rips the cloth off the man's face, and he coughs out water.

Merrick: Ready to talk now, shithead?

The man responded only by spitting at Merrick's mask. After receiving the man's answer, Merrick wipes the spit off his mask and looks at the other.

Merrick: What do you say, fellas? Does he need more?

Keegan: By the looks of it, yeah.

Merrick: Tyler?