#4 - Both of them

Alicia P.O.V.

1½ hours later the intercom buzzed, and mr. DiAngelo voice sounded.

"Licia, will yu please come in here for a moment."

Quickly I collected my pen and paper and walked toward his office, where I stopped uncertainly when I saw that both of them were sitting on the couch, I looked around to find a chair I could sit in but mr. DiAngelo clapped on the seat between them.

"No need to be so formal, come and sit, it does not take that long."

After a brief hesitation, I went and sat between them, and although it was an appropriate distance between me and both men, I could still feel their warmth and how my body reacted to them. I cursed at my body, why was it behaving like this, I wasn't a woman who got sexually excited over anything, yet I sat here and could feel how my body responded, not only on one man but on them both. I felt indignant about my reactions, what kind of woman could feel sexually attracted to two men at once. My thoughts are interrupted when mr. DiAngelo start talking.

"Listen to Licia, you have helped me out many times when we were looking at places to build a new house, and I hope that I can persuaded you to take with Shay up to his property in the morning and see if the area is suitable to build on, and possibly write down his thoughts and ideas about what he wants."

I look surprised at him, I previously have been sent out to watch a place, just to see if the area was suitable for settlement, but something about his way to say it surprised me, but I couldn't put a finger on why. And then it dawned on me that I had just stared back and forth between them without saying a word, and they both looked hesitant at me, I bewildered said.

"Yes of course, were is the place, and when do I have to be there?"

I asked, and was happy that I sounded quite professional. It was Shay who responded.

"The place is about 2 hours drive outside the city, so I have agreed with your boss that I take you back and forth, so I'll pick you up at your address tomorrow morning at 9 o'clock, if that's okay? "

He asks, looking at me. I exclaimed in astonishment.

"At my home?"

"I have already given him your address, so he knows where he can pick you up, I thought it was stupid that you have to come in here first, only to actually having to drive back the same way."

It was Mr.. DiAngelo who responded, as he looked down at me with a look I couldn't read, so I just nodded perplex. And saw what looked like a satisfied smile on his lips, but it disappeared immediately, so I wasn't sure I had seen correctly. Shay got up from the couch and held out his hand against mr. DiAngelo who also stood up.

"Thank you for squeezing me in, I really appreciate it."

Then he turns to me and takes my hand that he gently kiss on the back while he looks me in the eyes.

"And you Licia, see you tomorrow."

"NO ..."

We both look surprised at mr. DiAngelo by his angry outburst, and watching him breathe deeply before he looks at Shay.

"Her name isn't Licia, that's what I call her, her name is Alicia, Alicia DeLuca."

I look at him in astonishment, but Shay nods just as if there isn't anything weird about mr. DiAngelo's outbreak. Then he sends an even bigger smile at me before leaving the office. I feel mr. DiAngelo looking at me, and turns my head to look at him with a questioning look.

"I hope it's okay with you that I made the deal with Shay on your behalf, I would have taken with him, but I'm fully booked tomorrow and the deadline he has, requires that we quickly get clarified how much there is to do, if it requires blasting to build and so on. You know what to look for, so I thought you probably would accept it as a challenge. "

I nodded, and said calming.

"It's okay mr. DiAngelo, I know how busy you are at the moment and will be happy to help you where I can."

I said, and received a wry smile back before he gave my hand a squeeze.

"I know Licia and I am so glad to have you by my side, I hope you know that."

He says gently, before he again get all professional.

"We have 20 minutes before my next appointment comes, let us take care of the letters."

7 hours after I'm knocking on the door to mr. DiAngelo's office before I stick my head inside.

"I'm leaving mr. DiAngelo, or is there more you need to have sorted before I go for the day?"

Mr. DiAngelo looks confused up from the papers he sat bent over, before he looks down at his watch, before he once again look at me.

"I'm sorry I've been so hung up today, I would have told you about some of Shay's ideas for the house he wants to build, but the time has simply flown by. But I'm sure Shay will tell you what you need to know on the ride out to the place."

He smiles, and I nod, but feel the butterflies in my stomach at the thought of having to spend most of a day with Shay.