Chapter 1- Surprise!

Vyom's POV:

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart."

The RJ on the radio says during his "Hour of Life". I scoff as I drive home after a long day of work. I've been listening to this station daily, and one thing is for sure: it's all a bunch of lies. Never once have I experienced the so-called happiness he talked about nor have I ever felt important in life. 

I roll my eyes as the host keeps saying motivational things that may sound good in words, but in real life, it is all a scam. 

I pull up to a red light and notice a traffic jam. 'Ugh, as if this day can't get worse' I sigh. 

Suddenly there's a knock on my door. "Bhaiya phool le lo" A kid holds up his roses at me. (Buy some flowers)

I let out a small chuckle. "Mujhe kya kaam iska?" I say nodding my head and declining his offer. (What would I do with those?)

Like every street vendor, he offers again and once again I say no. He turns to leave but returns with a smile on his face. "Mujhe lagta hai, aapko yeh kaam ayega." He throws a single rose into my car and runs off. (I think you're going to need this today)

"Hey!" I call after him. But he's long gone. 

I glance at the rose on my passenger seat. 'What would I need it for?' I think to myself.

"Whatever, I'll just give it to Bhabhi." 

Today is Dev & Bhabhi's 4th anniversary and even though we don't really expect a gift between us, I had already given them a second honeymoon to Turkey last month. So when Bhabhi called and said to come over for a surprise dinner, I didn't think to bring a gift. 

I haven't been thinking all day actually. I've had the shittiest day possible and I want to get this dinner over and go home and sleep. 

Pulling up to the house, I glance down at my watch, 7 pm. I'll be in and out by 9 and in my bed in less than 3 hours. 

I walk in and go straight to the kitchen. "The guest of honor has arrived!" I walk in with my hand spread wide. 

Dev and Bhabhi who as always were making dinner together, look up with smiles. 

"Yes! My favorite guest." Dev smile and wraps me in a tight hug. 

"Happy Anniversary you 2!" I wish them.

"Ahem." Bhabhi clears her throat. "He's actually here for me, he's my favorite." She smiles and walks towards me. 

"Fine Pihu, you keep him. I'll take Shraddha" Dev winks at me and I chuckle. 

Bhabhi elbows him and starts setting the table. I sit and look on as Dev helps her and they both playfully bring everything out from the kitchen. 

I don't have many people in my life, but these 2, these 2 wonderful humans are the only reason I'm still sane. They are my home, best friends, siblings, and parents all in one. And both of them are incredibly lucky to have found one another. They complete each other. 

"So, should we get started on dinner?" I get up and approach the table. 

"No, I told you this was a surprise dinner! So I still have to give you your surprise." Bhabhi beams with a big smile. 

"Ooo, what's the surprise?" I raise my eyebrows. 

"Not now, we are waiting for someone," Dev says.

Both Bhabhi and he share a glance and break out into smiles. 

I look back and forth between their faces and make a confused face. "It better not be a girl! I told you I don't want to get married." I sigh in defeat, in the past 4 years both of them have introduced me to over 8 girls.  

"Stop asking questions and sit." Bhabhi pushes me to the couch and makes me sit. "You stay here and Dev come to help me upstairs." And just like that both of them go upstairs. 

I sit there in wonder what this surprise is and who we could be waiting on. Any other day and I would have waited patiently but today, I just want to head home and sleep. 

I pull out my phone and start scrolling. Maybe this will make time go by quicker. 

A couple of minutes later, I hear footsteps and a suitcase. 

"Di where are you-" The voice stops dead in its track as I turn around. 

I know that voice anywhere. The same voice that I used to tease and the same one that gave the snarkiest comebacks. The same voice that I haven't heard in about 4 years. 

Nidha's eyes go wide as they spot me and we stand there in silence. 

About a minute later Dev and Bhabhi rush down the stairs.

"Bacha! Finally, you're here!" Bhabhi dashes to Nidha and wraps her in a hug and gives her a kiss on her forehead. 

"Missed you di!" Nidha smiles. 

Dev also gives her a tight hug and pats her head. "Finally the foreigners gave you back." He jokes.

Nidha lets out a laugh. "It was only Canada Jiju. And you came to visit me twice!" 

They finish up their greeting and let go of the hug. Once again, she makes eye contact with me. 

Awkwardly, I give her a small smile and she gives me a nod. 

I nod back at her. 

Precap: Dev and Pihu give a surprise to Vyom and Nidha!

What do you think of the first chapter?!

What do you think the surprise is?

If you liked this glimpse of Dev and Pihu, I'd recommend you go read the first book Dating Douchey Dev!

I hope you guys liked it! I finally have more time so I will try to work and make this book better than the first! 

As always, please leave your thoughts and comments and save and vote for this With CEO Vyom

-💙