Chapter 5- In Transit

Nidha's POV:

The next month goes by in a blur. The countless meetings, patients, and checkups make all the days feel the same. 

Finally, something different is happening this weekend! Di and Jiju were planning on going to Goa for a mini vacation after Jiju's shoot finished and asked me to go along. I wasn't too sure at first but then again I've been their 3rd wheel for most of my life. 

I had already packed my bag and was waiting in my room to be picked up when my phone rang. 

I didn't bother picking it up and just ran downstairs, thinking that Di was just calling to inform me that she had arrived. 

I sprint down the corridor with my bag and make my way downstairs. 

I stop dead in my tracks at the unknown silhouette in my doorway. 

"Vyom? What are you doing here?" I question the figure. 

He looks at me perplexed. "Bhabhi didn't tell you? They are coming directly to the airport and told me to pick you up." He plainly says. 

I bid my lips. 'Tell me? She didn't even tell me you were coming!' I think to myself. I guess we will be 3rd and 4th wheel together.

Without another word he reaches over and grabs my bag, heading to his car. 

I go over to my mom to bid her goodbye. 

"Maa, chalti hu." I say touching her feet. (I am leaving)

"Pihu toh ghumti hi thi, ab tumhe bhi aapne tarah bana dengi" My mom complains instead of greeting me off. (Pihu was already outgoing, she is making you outgoing as well.)

I cancel out her complaints and don't let that ruin this trip for me. I've been working non-stop for the past month. I've made a name for myself at the clinic and secured myself some regular patients. 

I deserve this. 

We arrive at the airport within an hour beating all the traffic and meet up with Di and Jiju, who were already there. 

The perk of having a superstar brother-in-law is that you don't have to sit in economy and get a private jet. 

We board onto the jet and get seated. Di and Jiju sit across from Vyom and me. 

The boys instantly start talking about the latest cricket match and me and Di talk about our work. 

"So Dr. Nidha, I heard about this new doctor in town who's very talented, kind, and smart." Pihu Di smirks at me. 

"Haha, I hope you only heard good things." I smile at her. Somehow, hearing your own praise is never any less embarrassing whether you're a school kid or a doctor. 

"Of course good things bacha! I'm so proud of how far you've come and what a great doctor you have become." She grabs my hand and gives me a teary smile. 

"Can't say less about you Ms. Bussiness woman!" I hype my Di up. "All the magazines are talking about Priyanka Kaur Kapoor." I try changing the topic because if Di cries then so will I. And once I start crying about everything that has happened in the past 4 years, we won't be having a vacation.

We talk for a little while more when the captain starts an announcement. "Please be careful everyone, we will be experiencing some turbulence." 

I bite my lip in worry when Di grabs Jiju's hand and gets up. "Dev! You have to help me lay down or else I will puke all over this plane. This pregnancy sickness is no joke!"

Both of them make their way to the back of the jet, leaving me and Vyom alone. I fiddle with my hands as the plane sways left and right. 

"What wrong Doctor? Scared of some turbulence?" Vyoms voice suddenly breaks my thoughts. 

"No! Of course not." I lie through my teeth. Closing my eyes, I pray hoping the shaking stops soon but it only gets worse. 

The jet starts to rock as if it's a bike on a bumpy road and I jump in my seat and hold my breath. 

I grip whatever is closest to me and refuse to open my eyes. 

"Shhhh, relax Nidha." A familiar voice catches my attention. "Calm down, I promise nothing will happen." Vyom tries to comfort me.

I can't even open my mouth to respond so I just shake my head no. 

"It's okay. Here take deep breaths with me." I hear him inhale and exhale. "Follow me. In... Out... In... Out..." His voice guides me and helps me to breathe normally. 

After what feels like forever the turbulence finally settles and I manage to open my eyes, I look at Vyom whos sitting in his seat like nothing just happened. Then I glance down at my hand and realize why it felt so warm. 

I was holding his hand!

I immediately let go of it and clear my throat. 

"Um-" Before I can finish my sentence, Di and Jiju come out from the back. 

"God! That turbulence was just crazy huh?" Di asks settling down into her seat and fastening her seatbelt. 

'Yea it was crazy' I think to myself. 

Crazy and embarrassing. 

Precap: Vyom and Nidha in a club 🤭

I'm so sorry for the gap in updates! We are back to regular updates. 

I hope you liked the chapter! 

As always please like and comment!

-💙