Chapter 26- Good News 2.0

Author's POV: 

Nidha and Vyom enjoyed the magnificence of Switzerland for the next 2 weeks. They traveled to every good view and dined at every fancy restaurant in Zurich. 

Both were overjoyed with happiness, having found their partner, both felt contempt. But alas, the adventure had to come to an end. Mr Gupta had been calling daily to call back his son and Nidha too had to return to her job. 

"I can't believe we are leaving..." Nidha said looking out the plane window, taking a last good look at Switzerland. 

"Say the word and I make this plane land right now," Vyom turned to his wife. "Ask for it, and we will live here forever." 

Nidha grinned at her husband. "Oldie you make everything so extreme!" She rolled her eyes. "Why would I stay in one place, when I can travel the world with my husband?" She wrapped her arms around Vyom's and rested her face on his shoulder. 

"I promise," Vyom took her hand in his. "I promise we will be happy. We will break free from our families' bounding chains and fly into the sun. I will make all your dreams true, never doubt you. I will never let anyone say anything wrong about you, and if they do, they will face me before the words even reach your ears." 

Hearing his words made Nidha's eyes water up. Her heart doubled at Vyom's words and her mind went blank. Oh the effect this man had on her. 

She looked into his eyes with tears. "I promise", she said her voice breaking up. "I promise, I will believe in you, no matter what you do. You will always find me standing behind you, no matter the hardship." She firmed her grip on his hand. 

Vyom looked at the girl in front of him. The girl he met 2 years ago, the childish teenager who seemed to have a careless life. Everything that has happened in the past 4 months. He wondered what he had done in his past life to deserve such an amazing wife. One who understands, supports, and sympathizes with him. He felt blessed. 

The plane ride felt short and soon the lovebirds landed in India. They quickly arrived back at the Gupta mansion. 

Nidha gulped at the sight of the mansion. Although it seemed impossible, the mansion somehow looked colder and sadder than when she left it a couple of weeks ago. It seemed like a prison more than a home. 

Taking each other's hand, both Vyom and Nidha walked into the house. In the living room were Ginny, Akshay, and Mrs. Gupta. 

All 3 heads turned as Vyom and Nidha walked into the house. Ginny and Akshay gave the couple warm smiles while Mrs. Gupta scowled at Nidha. 

"So kind of you to finally return my son," Mrs. Gupta taunted Nidha. 

Mrs. Gupta's usual taunts did nothing to Nidha and she just continued on to her room. At the base of the stairs, she suddenly felt a tight grip around her forearm and was turned around with a sudden jerk. 

"Don't you feel ashamed to be living in my house, eating my food, and still not having the basic courtesy to abide by my family rules?" Mrs. Gupta pointed her finger at Nidha.

"MAA" Vyom roared from behind her. 

As Vyom swiftly closed the distance between him and Nidha, Nidha held up her hand to stop him. 

"App ko jo bolna ho woh bolo, jitna chilana ho utna chilao. Lekin yeh baat nahi badalegi ke mein Vyom ki patni hu. Aur mein muft ki roti nahi tod rahi, Gupta Firm ki sabse kabil doctor hu mein." Nidha fearlessly looked into Mrs. Gupta's eyes. If her vacation had taught her one thing, it was to not think about others. She had enough love from Pihu, Dev, and most importantly Vyom, she didn't have to give a shit about anyone else. (Say whatever you want, yell as much as you like, nothing will change the fact that I'm Vyom's wife, and I'm not living on your mercy, I am the most capable doctor at Gupta Firm.)

Mrs. Gupta's eyes doubled in size, shocked at Nidha's protest. "You have no shame. Don't forget you were thrown at my son because no one wanted you. If it weren't for him, you would be in the streets." She glared.

"Mrs. Gupta! I am more than capable of taking care of myself nor am I a burden on anyone. I love Vyom and Vyom loves me, we are with each other by choice. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be seeing your son." Nidha clapped back. She glanced at Vyom, making sure not to reveal his personal feelings to the family, but Vyom nodded permissively. 

"Guys! Nidha, I think you should go to your room, you've had a long journey." Ginny interwined trying to diffuse the situation. 

"Don't bother Ginny, she has nothing to say and so she is just pulling on random strings." Mrs. Gupta rolled her eyes at Nidha.

The anger in Nidha finally boiled over and she couldn't hold back anymore. "I'm talking about how neglectful and rude you have been to my husband! Never once in his life have you made him feel appreciated, only using him for your own gain." 

"I have never done such a thing..." Mrs. Gupta dismissed Nidha's acquisitions. 

"It's not my job to confront you, but you have never cared about Vyom because for you he isn't important. Never once have you loved him the way a mother should love a son." Nidha continued. 

"Stop lying, you witch!" 

"Don't call me names Mrs. Gupta!" 

Nidha's screams echoed in the mansion as everyone looked on. Suddenly Nidha heard and thug and saw Ginnny fall to the ground. 

"Bhabhi!" Vyom ran towards Ginny and lifted her up to the sofa. 

Akshay cradled her head and looked on worryingly towards his wife. 

Nidha pushed past Mrs. Gupta and checked Ginny's heartbeat and respiration. 

"Does she have any health conditions?" Nidha asked Akshay as she took Ginny's blood pressure. 

"She... She..." Akshay looked around trying to find words. 

"Bhai, what is it?" Vyom put his hand on Akshay's shoulder concerned. 

"Ginny... Ginny is pregnant."

Precap: Nidha talks to Ginny about her pregnancy! Nidha celebrates Vyom's birthday.

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I've been MIA for so long, I recently started uni and have been buried under a pile of work. 😭 I promise, I will try 200% to update every week!

I hope you liked the chapter and please leave comments and let me know what you would like to see and what you think will happen next. 

-💙