Chapter 15- Homecoming

Vyom's POV:

The past night has been nothing but an absolute blur to me. I went from wanting to help Nidha escape her arranged marriage to getting bothered to her within a single night. 

Who would've known? 

Now, she's in my car, seated in the passenger seat on the way to my house. 

I don't know what to do. I don't know how I could show up at home, the place I avoid at all costs and just present her as my wife. I also can't take her to my apartment as it's nowhere near ready for a second person. 

I try not to stare at Nidha while I drive. 'What must she be thinking?' My conscious alerts me that the girl sitting next to me has also gone through something 10 times more traumatic than me. She has been emotionally blackmailed, verbally harassed at the alter, and married off all within a short amount of time. God knows what she is thinking. 

I glance over at her turning up the air conditioner and she gives me a small tight smile. I manage to let out a deep breath that I had kept within me this whole time. Clearing my head, I punch out a number on the car screen and connect the call. 

*Akshay Bhai*

The number connects and the calls starts to ring. 

"Hello?" My brother audibly confused picks up the phone. 

"Bhai, can you gather everyone in the hall, I am coming in 10 minutes," I tell him. 

There is a pause on the other end of the phone. I can picture my brother rubbing his eyes and contemplating the 100 different scenarios right now. 

"Yea fine." Is all he says as he hangs up the phone. 

The ride feels short and we soon arrive at my prison, um I mean my house. 

Nidha's eyes go wide in shock as she tries to take a look around and take in every inch of the mansion from the outside. 

I get out of the car and hand my keys to the watchman. 

I take Nidha's hand in mine and we both walk towards the front door of the house. If I'm going to face my family, I am going to need Nidha's cooperation. We stop at the doorstep as I see my family, evidently sleepy, gather in the living room. 

My mother notices me first and taps my dad to alert him. "What is this behavior Vyom?" She says leaving my dad's side and approaching the door. "You wake us up and don't even tell us what the reason is?" 

My brother and sister-in-law follow her clearly annoyed. My dad, on the other hand, doesn't move from his seat uninterested in my antics. 

"Vyom what is happening?" My brother urges me to answer. 

I take in a deep breath and face Nidha. "I got married," I tell them. 

They all look at me like I am a puzzle. 

"No way..." Ginny, my sister-in-law whispers, shocked at my news. 

"Vyom, what are you saying?" My brother tries to find an alternative motive to the news I just broke to him. 

"It's quite simple, I got married and you guys need to welcome my bride in so we can go to our room. I'm really tired." I try to hurry along the formalities. Nidha gives me a nudge in the arm trying to figure out this crazy family dynamic as well.