Chapter 30- Trust is a Privilege

Nidha's POV:

"Nidha!" A comforting voice calls my name, wrapping its arms around my shoulder and guiding me to the chairs.

"Vy...Vyom" I say in between shallow breaths. A single tear leaves my eye as the adrenaline also makes its presence unknown.

Before either one of us can say a word, Mr and Mrs. Gupta also make their way into the waiting room.

"Vyom what is happening?" Mr. Gupta directs his question to Vyom.

"Dad, I don't know-" Before he can finish, the ER light turns off and the doctor walks out removing his mask.

My heartbeat once again quickens as the family surrounds the doctors.

"I'm sorry we couldn't save the baby. The mother is conscious and will be moved to a room soon." The doctor keeps his words short and moves out of the room.

My breathing became even quicker and my mouth gaped. 'How could that be it? How could everything Ginny and Akshay had worked for come to an end so easily' Questions pool my brain as shock takes over my body.

A sudden shriek breaks everyone's shock and the ER doors open as a nurse hurried out.

Vyom's feet quickened as he barged into the ER room and found Ginny.

Ginny sat on the bed, her hair matted, cheeks stained with tears, and bandages wrapped around the back of her head.

My heart shattered into a thousand pieces seeing her like this. Vyom must've as well because his fists balled up at his sides, looking helplessly at Ginny.

"Ginny..." I took a big stride towards her to give her my comfort.

"DON'T" She lifted her hand in protest.

Confusion pooled me as I looked at her, unsure of her reaction.

"I'm so sorry about..." I sincerely consoled.

Her gaze darted up at me, more tears leaving her eyes.

"No, you're not. You are the reason this happened. Don't give me your fake sorry." Her words stung at my heart.

"Nidha, what is she talking about?" Vyom turned to me, his question filled with fear, worry, and a whole lot of confusion.

"I'll tell you," Ginny's words turned both of our heads towards her. "She pushed me down the stairs!" She cried.

A bitter taste pooled in my mouth as Vyom's eyes went wide.

"If you were so jealous of my baby, you should've told me! I would have made your children the heir! I just wanted my baby!" She shrieked and trashed around on the stretcher.

Nurses immediately rushed in and started surrounding Ginny, trying to restrain and hold her down.

"Sir, ma'am please wait outside." A nurse motioned us towards the door.

Mr. and Mrs. Gupta met us outside with a cloud of questions. 

"Wait Dad," Vyom halts his father, then grips my upper arm, and turns me towards him. "What happened?" 

I blink at his sudden stiffness. "Vyom, this isn't the time-" My voice in a whisper. 

"Nidha. What. Happened." His grip on my arm tightened, digging into my skin. 

His gaze burned through me, almost as if threatening to not let go until he got his answers. "Vyom, I got a call from Ginny at the party and left to help." I took a gulp trying to find the words for the next part. "We were going to the hospital and we slipped down the stairs." I bit my lip, the memories of a few hours ago flooded my brain.