Chapter 36- Confrontation

Hey! This is my New Year's gift for you guys!

Please leave comments and vote for the chapters, I'm having a hard time writing without feedback and results. 🥲

Vyom's POV:

Nidha's voice echoed in my mind as I exited the elevator. My hands trembled as I fumbled with the keys, the jingle contrasting with the chaos inside me. 

The adrenaline that surged during that elevator reunion now crashed, leaving me grappling with the aftermath. Unlocking the door felt like an eternity, each click of the lock bringing me flashbacks of Nidha's face. I took a deep breath, steadying my hands trying to type in the right combination for the lock.

'FUCK! Vyom get a hold of yourself!' I cursed at myself. 

I stepped inside, and the cold air of my apartment failed to cool the fire raging within me. The air was thick with tension, an undeniable force that seemed to squeeze the breath out of me.

In a desperate attempt to drown the chaos, I reached for the crystal decanter of expensive whiskey. I watched the amber liquid glide into the glass, filling the air with its scent. As the first sip burned down my throat, I replayed the conversation with Nidha like a broken record.

No matter how many sips I took, my heart still felt unsatisfied. Nidha's presence, guarded eyes, and unspoken words hung in the air, creating an atmosphere of pain in the elevator. All of it replayed in my head.

 Was it betrayal or just a painful reminder of our tangled past?

The glass clinked against the expensive marble countertop, the sound clouding my thoughts my thoughts. Anger, confusion, and a tinge of betrayal swirled inside me. The room felt smaller, I was suffocating under the weight of unresolved questions.

Who did she move on with? Why didn't she mention her daughter? Who is the father?

In a fit of frustration, I tightened my finger around the glass, squeezing hard. Shards of crystal exploded into the air, piercing through my hand.

The broken glass in my hand reminded me of our broken relationship, the sharp edges cutting into my palm. Blood mixed with the remnants of the whiskey, led to a sour smell lingering in the room as it spun, making my vision cloudy, and leaving me disoriented.

My heart pulsed through my chest, each heartbeat sounding louder than the last, like an uncontrolled drum.

The room echoed with the silence of my thoughts, broken only by the distant city sounds filtering through the penthouse windows. The storm outside mirrored the hurricane within me, 4 years of unspoken heartache threatening to unleash.

My heart takes over my mind control and exists the penthouse. Quickly I reach the elevator and before I know it, I'm hitting the 7th floor button. 

The elevator drops me at my location and closes behind me. I stop looking over at the 2 doors on opposite sides of the corridor. 

Which one is her penthouse?

I close my eyes letting a sharp inhale hit my lungs, the first breath I've taken in a while. I exhale slowly and decide to knock on the door to the far right. 

The 3 knocks come out louder than I anticipated, as my fist slowly leaves the door, it creaks open. 

"Vyom?" Nidha whispered, peaking from the door. Her swollen eyes gave away her predicament, she was going through the same storm of emotions I was. 

"We need to talk." I expressed, staring straight at her. 

She looked up, her eyes meeting mine with a mix of surprise and defiance. "There's nothing to talk about," she declared, her words edged with a stubborn determination that set a spark of frustration ablaze within me.