Chapter 37- Just A Kiss

We met the goal for the last chapter!

THANK YOU!

Let's get this chapter to 75 votes and I will publish the next one right away!

Nidha's POV:

I stood in the living room as Vyom left. His words rang in my ear, unable to register the emotions that had just occurred in the room. 

'Did he just call me Dr. Gupta???' The room spun around me as I braced myself on a chair. I made my way to the bathroom and splashed some cold water over my face. The reflection in the mirror seemed unrecognizable, a shadow of the past almost. 

The tears on my cheek had dried, leaving streaks on my face. I don't know why I had cried, I've dared to keep the tears deep inside for the past 4 years, and somehow, they came spewing out. 

His hand. 

A sharp pain stung me above my ribs, thinking back to the glass shards in Vyom's palm. Maybe he was equally hurting the same way I had been for the past 4 years. 

Exhaustion overtook my senses as I made my way over to my bed. Lying on my side with my knees to my chest, I snuggled a pillow and closed my eyes. Before I knew it, sleep consumed me and I drifted off. 

.......

It had been 2 days since my encounter with Vyom, and I haven't left my room since.

Even though I had a job interview to go to, I canceled it. My room, all dark and warm felt like the only comforting place for me. Under the blanket on my bed, I felt cared for and safe. 

The sunlight tried to sneak through the curtains, trying to lighten up the room. Although I had tried to do some work on my laptop, it lay on the opposite side of the bed, ignored. I sat there, staring at the screen, fingers frozen in indecision.

My room told the story of my internal struggle. Unfolded clothes towered in the corner, a cold cup of tea sat untouched on the table, and the bed became a stage for my inner confusion. The mirror reflected my tired gaze as if my eyes were searching for answers hidden in the lines on my face.

Even though I tried my best not to, I had an urge to break into tears. Why did I feel this ache, this strange longing? It wasn't sadness or regret but it was an unreachable emotion that slipped through my understanding.

Outside of my window, I could feel the world move on, going about their day without a worry. The sounds of traffic and indistinct chatter filled my silent room. I wanted to step back into that world, but an invisible force held me back.

The decision to stay in India or return to Canada hung over me like a heavy cloud. Both my past entangled with the uncertainty of the future, leaving me stuck in emotional uncertainty. I didn't know what I wanted, staying here would be just as difficult as leaving. 

It felt like time had been ticking away even though everything seemed to lay still. I once again buried myself under the blankets, hiding away from my problems. 

A knock on the door caused me to break away from my thoughts. 

"Who is it?" I called out.

"Momsi, it's me!" Jaira's ecstatic voice came from behind the door. She gave it a small push and cracked it open. "Are you ready?" She asked slipping into my room. 

"Ready? What for?" I looked up at her, ready in a red dress. 

She burrowed her eyebrows, scrunching them hard. "How could you forget momsi! It's Pihu masi's award cermini."