Chapter 3- Hello Doctor

Vyom's Pov:

*ring ring ring*

"Mmmmm" I groan in my sleep and turn the pillow on my head. My hopes of canceling out the sound are crushed as I still hear the ringing. 

Coming to my senses, I realize it's my alarm and I reach over to my nightstand. I turn off the alarm and my phone screen lights up my face.

"WHAT!" I scream as I jolt up in my bed. I stare in disbelief as my phone screen displays in bold letters '8:02 AM'. I can't remember the last time I slept past 6:30m am. 

Soon the event of last night come into mind and I recall how I left Dev's house at 2 am and didn't sleep until it was almost 3 am. 

Even though I went in with the intent of wanting to leave as soon as possible, I ended up staying well into the night.

Because of her. 

The way she talked about her past 4 years, made me want to listen to every single detail. A great storyteller indeed. 

I'm pulled out of my flashback as I drop my phone in shock. 'Shit!' I think to myself. 'I have a meeting at 8.30!!'

I scramble out of my bed and run to the bathroom and start getting ready. I put on the first thing I can grab from my closet and take the quickest shower known to man. 

Usually, I am not a big fan of going to meetings but today Dad specifically requested that I come. And Sir Gupta's wish is always a command. 

Without stopping for breakfast, I run out the door and jump into my car. I speed out of my neighborhood and race toward the office. 

But of course, all the world's red lights have to happen to me today. At one such stoplight, I look down at the wilting rose on my passenger seat. I frown in disappointment as the once lively rose has now dulled and lost its smell. 

The thought brings me back to the conversation I had with Nidha. Had it been like any other one of our interactions, she would have called me "oldie" or said, "old people shouldn't travel". She would never let go of a chance to taunt or make fun of me. So what happened now?

As I'm lost in thought, I suddenly feel a jolt behind me and I go crashing into the steering. Alarmed I look behind me and notice, another car has rammed into me.

I feel blood trickle down my forehead and turn hearing a knock. 

"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" The driver of the car says as I open my door. "Woh mein phone mein busy that aur yeh ho gaya! Sorry." He says with a worried look. (I was busy on my phone and this happened)

"It's okay," I say looking down at my watch, I have 10 minutes to get to the meeting!

"No no, aapka khoon beh raha hai. Please let me take you to the hospital." The driver says grabbing my hand. (You're bleeding)

"No, I'm okay and now I am very late," I say pulling my arm away, hoping he lets me go. 

"Please, I would never forgive myself if something happened to you..." The driver keeps on insisting with no intention of giving up. 

I let out a big breath and nod my head yes. I call towing for my own car and get into his car, where he speeds to the nearest clinic.

"Please someone get the doctor, he is bleeding!" He says as soon as we walk into the hospital. 

I roll my eyes and shake my head in embarrassment. I turn to the nurse. "Please take your time, I only have a cut."

She looks at my forehead and leaves with a smile on her face. Great I have become the laughing stock of the hospital. 

We sit around in the waiting room for about 20 minutes before the nurse returns to us.

"You can go in, the doctor is ready." She says pointing to the cabin. 

I knock on the door and walk in. 

"Welcome, I heard you had an accident-" The doctor looks up from her seat at me. 

My mouth opens in shock. "Nidha?" I ask surprised. 

"You're the accident patient?" She asks scrunching her eyebrows. 

"Not a big accident, just a minor scratch," I say giving her a smile. 

She gives me a small nod before getting up and getting a basket. "Have a seat," she says gesturing to the bench. 

She starts working on my cut and puts a bandage on it. 

"So Dr. Nidha, you take 20 minutes to see your critical patient? Very bad." I joke at her. 

"Yes, sorry about that. You know it's my first day, so I was still setting up the cabin and it took a while to set everything up. Sorry." She apologizes in a small voice. 

"Hmm" is the only thing I manage to say back. 

To be honest, I am very surprised. How could the same Nidha who was once the most lively and energetic girl I knew, be so quiet? 

What has happened in these past 4 years that has made her so changed?

And why don't I like it?

 Precap: Vyom's dad gets angry with him. Nidha comforts him. 

Why do you guys think Nidha has changed so much??

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Check out my Instagram @mp071105 for content on my books. 

as always, please vote, save, and comment with your thoughts!

-💙