Chapter 27- Baby on Board

Author's POV: 

A grin crept onto Vyom's face as he wrapped his arms around Akshay. 

"Congrats bhai! I can't believe it!" Both brothers smiled. "I can't believe you didn't tell me this amazing news!" Vyom scrunched his nose.

"We were going to tell the both of you after you guys settled back." Akshay patted Vyom's shoulder, his eyes glistening with happiness. 

"Bullshit! If you told me, I would've flown back instantly!" The 2 brothers bickered back and forth. 

"Guy, can we focus on Ginny right now??" Nidha diverted their attention back to Ginny who was slowly gaining consciousness. 

Akshay sat down next to his wife and held her hand as she sat up slowly. 

"Ginny, how are feeling?" Nidha asked as she handed a cup of water to her. 

"I don't know, what happened..." Ginny held her head, rubbing her temples. "The baby... am I okay?" She looked up worryingly at Nidha. 

"You're all good." Nidha smiled at her reassuringly. "Nothing to worry about but I'd recommend you stay away from stress." She glanced over at Mrs. Gupta who rolled her eyes at Nidha's comment. "Your blood pressure was really high, so just take rest and drink loads of water." 

After getting Ginny settled in her room, Nidha and Vyom finally stepped foot in their quarters after what felt like years. 

Nidha set her bag down on the bed and looked around the room. 

A pair of hands grabbed her from behind. "Kya soch rahi hai meri biwi?" Vyom said planting a kiss on her shoulder. (What's my wife thinking?)

"I missed this room." Nidha sighed. 

Vyom kissed the nook of Nidha's neck softly. "I never thought I would say this but, I too missed home. With you here, everything seems to be getting better." 

Nidha caressed Vyom's hands as they held her tight. "Everything's going to be better finally. There's a baby on the way, you just watch, this house is going to light up."

Vyom's next kiss landed directly on Nidha's cheek as they turned a rosy color. "Should we also fill this house up with a couple of babies?" He asked cheekily. 

Nidha's eyes went wide at Vyom's sudden inclination. "Not a chance! First I want to become a masi and chachi, then we can think about the future." 

Vyom turned Nidha around in one swift pull and drew her in closer. "Whatever you decide, I will happily oblige." He placed his hand around her neck and drew her in close for a kiss. 

"Nidha ma'am..." The house help suddenly entered, causing the love birds to back up from each other. 

Vyom let out a sigh of frustration. "Why do they only come when we are doing something?" He mumbled under his breath. 

"Ma'am, Ginny ma'am is calling for you in her room," The house help motioned towards the other side of the corridor. 

 Nidha smirked at Vyom before flipping her hair and leaving the room. Upon arriving at Ginny's room, she saw her sister-in-law pacing around the room. 

"I thought you were on strict doctor's order to stay in one place?" Nidha knocked at the door. "Don't make the doctor mad, she's quite strict." Her joke made Ginny smile as she walked in. 

"Nidha, I'm just so stressed. I can't stay in one place." Ginny anxiously said, finally sitting down on the bed. 

"You have nothing to worry about, your baby and you are perfectly healthy." Nidha joined her on the bed. 

Ginny reached over for Nidha's hands, trembling with worry as she took them into her own. Nidha looked up at her and noticed that in the short weeks, she had been gone, a lot had changed about Ginny. She had worry lines around her forehead, her face was flushed and her eyes were puffy. 

"Nidha you probably think that I'm having a perfect pregnancy. I mean with all this money, I can get just about any doctor, baby gadget, and nanny. But that doesn't always guarantee happiness Nidha..." Ginny spoke in short bursts trying to control her tears. 

Nidha leaned in and listened closely, holding onto Ginny's hands tightly to reassure her. 

"We've been told that our job was to produce an heir for the family for years after our marriage and although it seems like we were waiting, we have been trying for so long." Ginny's tears finally broke through and they trickled down her cheeks. Nidha grabbed a napkin and handed it to her. "We've been trying for the past 4 years..." Ginny resumed. "But every time, we haven't been able to get past the 8-week mark. I have 3 babies in heaven right now and I'm scared about the number increasing." 

Nidha thought about the fragile a fetus is in the first trimester. During her internship, she had seen many mothers dealing with the grief of miscarriage and couldn't imagine how Ginny had endured so many. 

"Don't you worry about anything Ginny, your 3 angels in heaven are looking over their sibling right now, making sure nothing happens to him or her. Plus you have a doctor at home, to dismiss your worries." Nidha's words comforted Ginny. 

"Actually... forget about it, it's a big favor." Ginny's words trailed off. 

"Tell me!" Nidha pushed, curious to hear what Ginny had to say. 

"I was... I wanted you to become my caretaker. It would make me feel so much better. I'm barely 8 weeks pregnant and have already been so exhausted and fainted multiple times. Please Nidha." 

Nidha looked on, unsure of what to say. She loved her job but also sympathized with how Ginny was feeling. 

"Of course Ginny. I will always be here for you." Nidha decided. She thought to herself how family doesn't come by blood but by choice, like Dev, Pihu, and Shraddha, Ginny had become a family-like figure for her. It was only a matter of 7-8 months before Nidha would get to return to her job before she even knew it. 

She just had to survive, the next 7 months in the Gupta mansion and all would be okay. 

Precap: Dev and Pihu's baby shower!!

I do sincerely apologize for the spaced-out updates!! 😭

I promise all my midterms are over and the updates will get regular!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I can't wait for the baby shower! 

Please leave some comments so I'm motivated to write more chapters and please do vote for the chapter. 

-💙