Chapter 16- The Palace

Nidha's POV:

The sun cast's upon my tiresome face and awakens me from one of the deepest slumbers I've ever had. The pain in my neck becomes evident as I realize I fell asleep in my lehenga without taking my jewelry off.

I sit up straight in the bed and let my eyes catch up with my brain as they try to open themselves and adjust to the reality around me.

I nearly fall out of bed as the events of yesterday catch up to me and I look around the room. The room which left comfortable last night is now the size of my whole house. The bed I am sleeping on would take up my whole room alone.

I spot my bags in the corner of the room, looking like little toy's in a dollhouse. I do a little stretch before grabbing them and heading to the bathroom.

On the way there, I stop by the couch where Vyom is fast asleep. Guilt builds up inside of me, recalling how he got caught up in my messy life for no reason. Had I been able to stay awake last night, I would have let him take the bed, or we are even 2 grown adults, we could have shared the bed.

I plan on making that initiative tomorrow and heading over to the bathroom to get ready.

I take a shower which feels like a luxury due to the size and water thermometer and then get myself ready. Truthfully I had packed my bags according to how Jatin's mom wanted me to dress but now I have no idea how to behave. What does the younger daughter-in-law of the Guptas even wear?

After rummaging through my bag I managed to find a cute red saree that was packed as a 'light' option. I put it on with an oxidized necklace and bracelet and did some light makeup before heading back out to the room.

My rustling of the bags accidentally wakes up Vyom and he startles on the couch.

"Sorry! Didn't mean to wake you." I apologize while closing up my bags.

He takes a minute to sit up and get his head together. "No, it's okay. I didn't realize it's morning already-" He stops midsentence looking at me. "And you're already ready..."

I look down at my saree wondering if I did anything wrong. "Is it not good? Will they not like it? What would they like me to wear?" I ask frantically.

"Why would they care, and you are going to wear whatever you want. I'm just surprised you got up and ready at..." He rubs his eyes and reaches for the phone on the floor. "8:30! Shit! I didn't even realize,"

He runs into the bathroom with a towel and I decide on waiting for him before going downstairs. I make my way over to the huge glass doors in the room and go into the balcony. The view is to die for and the sun falls perfectly onto my face. It's almost like heaven on earth.

Within 20 minutes, Vyom is all dressed and ready to go. We both leave the room together and head downstairs. Everybody is already at the table eating their breakfast.

Vyom pulls out a chair for me and helps me get seated before going and sitting down in front of me.

The table is laid out with all sorts of different fruits, vegetables, eggs in multiple styles, and different kinds of carbs. Fitting table for one of the richest families in the country.

I play around with some of the fruit on my plate when Ms. Tina Gupta, Vyom's mom slams her fork down on the table.

"Vyom explain yourself, what is this joke?" She glares at Vyom across the table.

"What joke?" Vyom doesn't bother looking up from his plate.

"You expect to bring a random girl in here and expect us to believe it?" She questions him.