The First Scent

Today is my first big task... I really need to ace it so that dad will be proud of me and not regret the decision of sending me here. I am reaalllyy excited to meet the whole team especially the super famous Praya Suwan. I have followed her since her early days, she was at the top in her training sessions, all her missions went smoothly and  even if there was some problems she handled them like a pro. Now that she has been a captain since 2 years, she has literally completed all her assignments without fail. 

"AAAAAAA I'm finallllyyy gonna meet her today!!!" 

"Hey keep it down please and why are you even fussing about her? You are literally THE DAUGHTER you don't even need to do these missions." VJ is always concerned about her even though he knows that his sister will not listen to anyone but herself.

"P'VJ you also have been going on even moree dangerous missions. It's ok I will be fine no need to worry!! Moreover P'Praya would be there to help me out!"

VJ has known Praya for a long time now to know that she isn't as rainbows and sunshine as his sister thinks she is 'Meh~ she'll figure it out on her own. She needs to face some hardships now'

Downstairs there is an old man sitting on the sofa in his grey checkered 3 piece suit with his eyes close and listening to music, the girl kisses his forehead, smile spreads across his face and he says " Please be safe my sweetheart."

"Yes dad and I'll bring you good news. See you soon! " She says all excited as she leaves through the main entrance of their huge villa with a pool in the backyard. 

The security was always tight at the villa after THE accident. Only Kittisak's most trusted and most loyal people were made bodyguards. When the rumours about his daughter were spreading, he found out that one of his bodyguards was leaking information outside after that he eradicated that person's existence. Betrayal was the only thing he couldn't stand. If someone was disloyal to the gang, he made sure that that person was sent to God immediately, even if it was a friend. Loyalty was his topmost priority!

-----------

A meeting was arranged by the captain before the mission to explain all the details. Everyone had already arrived except for the newbie. 

"If she's not here in 5, we start without her" Praya tells her teammates without any expression on her face. The new girl knows that she is running behind so she hurries to the meeting point. As soon as she sees everybody gathered from a distance she composes herself.

'Come on we can do this! Just be the social butterfly that you are C.' she motivates herself.

"Heeey everyone~" she tries to sound cheerful but as soon as she sees her role model in denim shorts, a white t-shirt and a blue jacket with rolled up sleeves and sunglasses, moving towards her in a fast pace, she loses her confidence but still continues with her introduction.

"Nice to meet you all. I am Celine J--" even before completely saying her name she trips over rocks underneath, thinking about how embarrassing it would be to fall on her first day. But the lady who was coming towards her grabbed her by her arms and saved her from falling. Celine's face is literally buried in this person's neck. 'Thank god I didn't fall-*sniff*- she smells like the ocean: sweet, enveloping and warm smell.'

"Your scent is really nice! just like the ocean" Celine blurts it out without thinking. Praya on the other hand was seen speechless for the first time in front of the teammates. Usually she would have scolded anybody firstly for coming in late and secondly for commenting anything about her. Even though nobody noticed because of her open hair but she knew that her ears had become red hot. 

Praya became restless of the silence and said, "Well, your hair smells nice too". Praya let go of her and Celine was blushing hard, her whole face was red which was much more noticeable because of her white skin tone. Their teammates were really stunned now, they hardly see Praya complementing anyone! Her compliments are the most genuine because she is so hard to impress.

"Ok so Celine J we need to start the meeting and commence the mission in 2 mins. So hurry up" Praya was back to normal within seconds. "I hope everybody knows that what we do here is illegal and if you get caught you will have to face consequences." The captain said especially to the newbie unaware of her identity.

"Everyone this is not a very dangerous mission but still keep your guard up and try not to die. In this mission we have to take these consignments to Samui. We can't go by air because of the security at airports. So nong Kay has devised this plan to go by road and then we take a ferry. We will pretend as if we are a group of friends going for a road trip with this caravan attached to our car where the consignments will be kept safely. We will reach Samui in approximately 7hrs then it will take 30 mins to deliver this. We stay there for a night and head back home tomorrow, this plan is IF everything goes right."

Praya has a team of sharp minded individuals who have already made plan B and C for any problems that might occur. Her team had Kay - the strategist, Maria - who is always on the lookout and will kill, Sun - is always with Praya to keep her and the others from getting in unnecessary trouble - and now she had Celine too on her team. 

-------

"Celine you got such a great taste in music bro! If you weren't here this would've been such a boring road trip" Maria says while eyeing Sun and Kay through the car's front mirror as she was driving, both of them do not listen to trendy music. 

Praya had no interest in this pretended road trip so she went inside the caravan protecting the cargo. She was reflecting about what happened earlier with Celine. She was never this flustered with anyone before not even on the missions where she deliberately had to flirt. Celine was a new person in her life who brought these new emotions and experiences. Praya didn't hate it but figured out that it would create a hindrance in missions if she remains this distracted near Celine.