One Step Closer

Praya ran far far away from the meeting room. The phone calls stopped at some point but Praya kept running until she reached a quiet road with no traffic. Then she called her back.

"Don't call me again"

"I will because I know you have found something... about her"

"I can't drag you in this with us. Stay away from it!"  

"Either you tell me or I will figure it out my way"

"I won't say anything Tina. Bye"

Tina was not a person to give up any info about her. She had been searching that girl for almost 6 years now, at this point she would even sell her soul to the devil just for a single hint. 

-----

When Praifah came back from her mission a week ago she had gotten some information about that girl. For the whole week her and Praya put together all the pieces together to get something sensible out of it which they couldn't. They even searched the whole province in just five days. But they failed again, they started their search 4 years ago, after Praya had officially joined the gang but they were failing since then. This was the reason why Praya had gone missing and was so irritable towards everyone on the previous mission.

Now Tina has come to know about their recent findings and she also wants the details, which Praya didn't want to share because of Tina's safety. Tina had crossed great lengths and caused severe harm to her and others. She practically went crazy whenever anything new about her was found out and then harmed herself again. It was like a cycle now which Praya wanted to break this time. But couldn't-

"Where is Heidi?"

Tina was sitting on a sofa in Praya's house the very next day and smiling widely while enjoying the tea and pastry which Praya's mother gave her. After Heidi left, Tina's sole mission was to bring her back. So when she was appointed as a captain she was least concerned about the accomplishment of any mission but finding her. This lead to disastrous situations, even death of a person. At that time Kittisak decided to demote her to gangster position and didn't appoint her on risky missions. This angered her even more. She started drinking, Praya was always concerned about her during all this time but she was helpless. One day, in that drunken state Tina fought with Praya, even cursing her father. After that Praya stopped interfering with her matters.

"Why are you here?" Praya was annoyed

"I told you I want to know what you know. Simple" Tina was still smiling

"And I told you I don't want to tell you. Simple. Now get out"

Tina's expression changed suddenly into a scowl. If it was anyone else they would have been intimidated and leaked all the info but Praya stayed calm. Tina was now pouting like a child and begging her.

"I promise to be good. Please pleaaseee involve me in your search too." 

Praya knew that this time Praifah's info was leading them to something fruitful and they would find Heidi if they put in more work. And when they find her, she knew she was going to kill her that's how much she hated Heidi. So they have to keep someone to stop her from doing that and Tina was the only person who could stop her. Praifah could stop her too but if it was Heidi, she would kill that girl herself but they needed to bring her back alive. Praya sighed and said,

"Only if you don't harm yourself and us during the search aandd no drinking till we find her"

Tina agreed to her conditions and started preparing herself mentally and physically to finally meet her. She knew that if Praya had agreed after so many years, it must be something big.

-------

(6 days to the event)

Celine was still sad about the happenings of yesterday night. She had locked herself in her room and hadn't eaten anything in 15 hrs. Kittisak was super worried about her but he smiled as soon as he saw Sam. If anyone could make Celine feel better right now, it was Sam. He had only returned for a week and then after his dad's important event, he would be going back to USA to his college.

He gave his dad a big hug and Kittisak patted his back. Sam noticed his dad's stressed expressions and asked, "Why so serious? Are you seriously not happy to see me back? Oh to be the middle child!" 

Kittisak let out a hearty laugh, "It's nothing like that son, it's about Cel she hasn't been feeling well since yesterday"

"Don't worry! I am here now, I'll take care of her. Lemme go see her"

------

"I heard that someone's sick in here" Sam said in british accent. Even though her bedroom door was closed he knew that she got excited on hearing his voice.

"Go away. I don't want to talk to anyone"

"Ok I will but then what about these chocolates? Maybe Mew will like it. I will give it to her"

She suddenly opened the door looking veryyy hungry. She allowed him inside just because he had chocolates. Then she also told him everything that happened in the last week.

"Look kiddo I think it's not you fault. Also is P'Sun said that it was about some other girl then you don't need to worry"

"Yeah... but who is she? How can a phone call make someone this distracted! I haven't seen P'Praya like that EVER. I already hate that person"

"Don't tell me you are jealous, OMG you ARE jealous" Sam started laughing when Celine pouted, "Maybe she is someone from her past and maybe they had a huge fight or something and she still bothers her"

"Maybe...." Celine was still blaming herself and Sam noticed it.

"Stop pouting noww and cheer up. If you don't I'll tickle you till you cry the tears of joy" Sam gave Celine a mischievous look and chased her. She was now happily playing with him and forgot all her stresses.

Both of them talked almost about every recent happenings of their lives till it was dinner time. The head chef of the villa prepared Sam's favourite delicacies. 

"It's been sooo long since we all have had dinner together like this. I miss you guys everyday but I have missed Thai food even more!!" Sam was very excited to finally be with his family. 

"We missed you too bro. After college you will have to stay here with us" 

"P'VJ don't force me ask dad first... after all he was the one who sent me away. Middle child miseries" Sam always joked around about it but he was still sad about the fact that he was the only one to be sent away after their mom's death. Everyone else on the other hand just laughed it off.

"Dad what is this important event though?" Celine was curious

"Ahh that... you know how every year they organize award functions for business owners. All of the Thailand's business tycoon's will be there and your dad has been nominated for businessman of the year"

"Congratulations dad!!!" his kids were proud of him

"Thank you and also it's important because Celine and Sam are going to make your first public appearance and meet all important people"

"It's ironic how our big brand company is just to hide our crimes and still you will be awarded with the Businessman of the year" VJ smirked.

"It had to be done to keep us protected from the government otherwise half of my gang would be behind the bars. The good thing is our company does genuine and legal work, provides to the families of our staff. I really feel good about helping them but then are some people who are just a menace-"

Kittisak felt nostalgia. He remembered every milestone of his journey, how he formed his gang and then how he had to form a legitimate company to hide his crimes. He even remembered his downs and how grateful he was to Pravat who helped him come up again. Although, there are still situations that he has to take care of and the fire of revenge still burns inside him-

"Dad we know how much you hate those people but trust me the girls are one step closer to finding her"