Runaway's Investigation

"Ok even if I hypothetically believe your story... this still doesn't explain how you got my father's ring!!" Praya was becoming impatient after all the narration from Heidi.

"Are you going to listen or not? I will tell that to you but after we eat something. I'm hungry~~" 

So Celine and Praya went outside of that room, which is basically located in a corner of the basement of the villa, to the kitchen upstairs. Celine directed Praya to all the snacks and drinks while she just scrolled through her social media. This frustrated Praya even more.

"I'm not able to find those snacks, are you seriously not going to help me?"

"Yeah yeah just a sec..." Celine says nonchalantly without even looking up from her phone.

Praya snatched her phone and kept it on the counter. 

"Hey~ have I done something wrong?" She looks at Celine with puppy eyes. This is the first time ever Celine has heard her talk in such a soft tone and she immediately melts.

"No phi, what makes you think like that?~" She touches Praya's hand soflty.

"In the flight you didn't sit next to me and now too... has your behaviour changed because of that kiss?... if it's that i'm really sorr-"

"No not at all. I didn't sit with you because you were in deep thoughts and I didn't want to disturb you and right now I was searching about Heidi on social media. And about our kiss... I- I.. really liked it.." 

Listening to this makes Praya so shy that not only her ear but her entire face becomes red this time. 

"Oh..." Praya holds Celine's hand tightly and starts to lean in.

"Guys! we will die out of starvation down there!" Tina enters the kitchen interrupting them and closes her eyes as soon as she realizes. "Oh  shit!.. I didn't know... I'll go now!"

"Wait-" Both of them say together. 

"Here, help me with these" Praya hurriedly passes her some packet of chips and carries bottles of beverages herself. "Let's eat, nuu"

"You guys go ahead I need to go to my room" Celine responds.

Tina keeps on teasing Praya on the way and Celine quickly goes upstairs to her room for charger of her phone. 

--------

"Yes she is with us now... yeah that bitch is leading the interrogation.... I know I know.... I will make sure that this time she won't be an hindrance.... ok bye now I'll update you." 

Celine overhears her brother's phone call while she is on her way back to the basement. She gets angry when he curses Praya but remains calm in that moment and runs to her teammates. 

They are already back to listening Heidi's side of the story while munching on the snacks. So she decides to not tell them because she doesn't have any evidence against VJ.

"Yeah so when I reached Chiang Mai with the other two people, they took me to their home and gave me something to eat. The only thing I could think about for days was my dad dying in front of my eyes and uncle Pravat telling me to run. But those two took good care of me. As for how I got your father's ring... He didn't directly gave it to me... It was through someone else..."

"Heidi, tell us everything. We can only help you if you remain completely transparent with us" Sun encourages her in a friendly manner to make her feel comfortable.

"Umm ok. Just listen carefully and don't react without letting me complete.... After I recovered a bit and started giving attention to what was actually happening, I realised that there are many people both outside and inside your gang that are waiting for an opportunity to destroy the gang, specifically saying they are against the gang's crimes involving innocent people."

"But Boss's principles are strictly against hurting innocent folks. That is how Boss has been able to gain everyone's respect, even those who aren't involved in underworld." says Maria.

"Yes, your Boss Kittisak is against that but-"

"P'VJ isn't" Celine suddenly cuts off Heidi.

"You knew about this... and you still support him?" Heidi is flabbergasted.

"No no ... I overheard his call while coming back... he was saying something like P'Ya is leading this interrogation and he won't let her become an obstacle this time... sooo I thought..."

"Ahh! This means they haven't initiated their plans... YET. SO, as you all heard, clearly VJ is doing something that Kittisak won't agree upon and you should help us in stopping him."

"Who are 'us'?" Tina asks with jealousy.

"Well yeah as I said, there are many people who faced VJ's atrocities and they want him... gone gone. So back then my dad gathered some of those people, obvio the number has increased veryyy much now. Anyways... back then my father and his associates thought Kittisak was also involved and that's why they retaliated that bad. But when I started my investigation with all the newly joined people, I got to know that he had no information what VJ was doing... so we stayed quiet and focused on getting more and more details."  

"And how were you getting those details?" Kay is surprised that all this was happening without anyone's notice.

"Umm... the people who have been affected by VJ inside the gang help us with that, for now I can't tell you their names for their security. Many outsiders also keep a close eye on him."

"Hmm but how has he affected them?" Kay continues with his questions.

"Since VJ has gotten powers as the upcoming leader, he has taken extensive advantage of them. He has harassed both women and men from the gang according to his will, he is also the centre in smuggling of weapons to terrorist groups and most importantly he has been involved in human trafficking for MANY, many years now. Nobody dares to report VJ because they also think that your Boss supports him, but he doesn't."

Everyone was a shaken by this especially Celine, she knew that his eldest brother had always been a bit rude and short tempered but she didn't expect him to be such a demon.

"Give all the evidence to me and I will report it to dad right away!" 

"Nuu I don't think so we should do this. Boss is a bit soft when it's about you guys. He will only ban him from the gang or maybe send him abroad... but what we need to do is stop his disgusting business from the core."

"Yes, this is exactly what we need to do. That is why I need your help. I could only trust you not only because you have hindered his job before, Praya... but also because I knew you will always support the right thing... you are a Suwan after all." Heidi has put all her faith in Praya and her team. "Will you help us?"  She looks at Praya waiting for her response.

"Let me do my research first" Praya still does not believe her completely. "We will tell you our answer tomorrow. But even if we decide to help you, you have to get the treatment of any other traitor in front of other's eyes." 

"I am fine with that but please keep all this information and your research to yourself. Don't even tell P'Prai... I don't trust her for now."

------

When the interrogation for that day gets over, everyone decides to leave except Praya. She stays back and ties Heidi back to that chair so that no one suspects them.

"You still didn't give me a proper explanation for the ring" Praya says as she packs up her stuff.

"One of my father's associates, who now is apparently my biggest asset, was in the car that took uncle Pravat to the hospital... he told him how nobody would believe me if I tell them the incidents of that night, so uncle decided to give that person his ring saying 'Anybody who believes in me, would believe Heidi if she shows them my ring' that is why I kept it so nicely in the same place where the documents were kept"

"Is that why you wanted to go back to your condo?"

"Yes of course... those papers are of zero value for VJ now because all the children enlisted there have become adults and there is no value of adults in the slave market. I needed the papers for the ring"

"I do want to believe you... but if you break my trust this time... you're DEAD for sure!"