𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Sunhye dropped her things tiredly and lay comfortably on the couch

Sunhye dropped her things tiredly and lay comfortably on the couch. Sighs. She closed her eyes, thinking about what to do next, she needs to pay her bills— the rent, and buy groceries.

But her money is not enough for the groceries so she just pays for the bill and rent first.

After all what's happening right now in her life she still didn't think of asking her parents for help like, what for?

When they're the ones who made her life like this. They are the ones who made her life miserable that she has to start a new life.

A new hard life.

She works as a waitress in the morning while she works as a barista in the evening. She's not embarrassed about her work, she had to do this to earn and live a good life.

Just then a new customer came to the counter to order, "One, caramel latté, Miss." Sunhye looked at him— and smile, it's not a new customer it's her friend whom she met when it's her fourth day in new zealand.

"Coming up. You're early today huh?"

Mark Lee, chuckled. "I have a meeting at eight. I thought you'll enroll today?"

She shook her head. "Not yet, you know... the bills?" and by that, Mark already get it.

"But I said you can apply for a scholarship,"

"I already did, I passed but I still have to pay something."

"Alright then," when his order finally came, "Good luck with your another medical school, you can do it!" and waved goodbye.

After that, she came back to getting orders and serving. Life might not be easy for her right now but she knows she can still make it soon, alone.

"Sunny! Sunny!" just then, another friend came by with a smile. "You passed! You passed!" she said waving her phone.

Her eyes widen as she reads the detail, she really passed the exam for the Nursing Board exam in New Zealand, which means she doesn't have to enroll in another Medical School.

"What... oh my, is this real? You're not faking it Kyunji aren't you?"

Kyunji rolled her eyes, "Duh? I don't even know how to edit my resume properly and you're accusing me of that? but hey, congrats Sunny, what are your plans now?"

"Of course, I'll apply right away! See? I passed, that means I'm now officially a nurse!" She jumped happily with her friend, not minding the other customers.

"You want to do it now? I can come with you,"

"Too early, by tomorrow I guess? or the next day? Damn, Mark needs to know this—"

"Yeah, your boyfriend should be proud of you,"

Sun slapped her friend jokingly, "He's not my boyfriend, shut up. He just help me in reviewing that's it so I owe him something."

As Kyunji is still teasing her about him, Sunhye just left and get back to work.

Mark is just a friend, he's nice not just to me but to everybody. His way of treating me doesn't mean anything and if it does, I won't let it.

The way Mark visits her at night, and asks for a late night walk. She can feel it but she keeps ignoring it. She's not blind not to notice it, she's not even assuming.

But what if?

What if that day comes, and I'm still not ready for it even if he's a nice guy?

Sunhye immediately wash that thought away.l before it leads her to another level of overthinking.

After her shift, she called Mark to tell him.

And he said he will just meet her at her next job which is at the club.

"What is it?" Mark said the moment he sat at the island counter.

Sunhye bites her lips in excitement.

"I passed the board exam, Mark!"

Their face lit up— "Damn, I know you can do it." he said and pinched her cheeks.

"Now, what do you want? my treat."

"You sure? then, can I have five shots of hard mojito and... a burger?" He said, laughing.

Her facial expression suddenly changed into a confusing one. "Mojito with a burger?"

"The burger is yours, seems like you're on a diet lately for your nurse uniform, I want you to eat a lot."

Damn, this guy has no idea how he's making me forget about that jerk.

Sunhye's face softens. He noticed. "Well, I guess I still look healthy, not that thin."

"According to my observation..." he said and scanned her. "Nothing changed."

The whole night they were talking about their experiences in life, and how they're tryna overcome it. Mark even mentioned his past University wherein it's Sunhye's university too when she was still in South Korea.

Until someone called her name. She heard it despite the loud music, but she ignored it.

She looked at Mark dancing in the crowd. It was his usual thing when he came over to the club.

He's starting to look more attractive to me.