Sacrifice

"You think Svetlana is... What?" I asked Kev, he turned around and placed the drink I had ordered on the bar in front of me.

"I think she is having sex with her father," He reiterated for the hundredth time, "Look, I went home and I heard noises- I know what sex sounds like Mabel."

I shrugged my shoulders, "Maybe she was just sleeping with someone else?" 

Kev sighed, "I know what I heard and what I saw."

Lip walked into the bar; the last place he should be even with his extensive plan to have a beer a day... Or whatever he thought didn't make him look like an alcoholic. "Yo," He said as he sat down. He left an empty chair between the two of us. 

"Oh, hey," Kev nodded towards him.

"Got the day off from the kids?" 

"I need to clear my head for a while," He explained, "I got a lot of freaky rape and incest stuff swirling around up there." Lip gave him a confused look, "What can I get you?" 

Lip put money on the bar, "Your best booze." Not just a beer? I wasn't sure why I was surprised, he was clearly not interested in staying sober for very long. 

Kev tilted his head, "What? Did you rob a mini-mart or something?" He asked as he pulled off a top-shelf bottle and start pouring it into a clean glass. 

"Internship actually paying you?" I questioned. I was bored of staying quiet. 

"Nah, we ripped off a bunch of corporate crooks," Lip explained before he sipped on the booze he was served, "Turns out two wrongs do make a right."

"Our best stuff is still pretty shitty," Kev explained, "Regulars go for quantity, not quality..." 

Lip shrugged his shoulders, "They're drinking on me today," He announced.

I furrowed my brow, "Why?" 

"Because, Mabel. They have been screwed over by a system that rewards criminals with white collars and shit values. Fuck mortgage-backed security, fuck bailouts, fuck too big to fail. It is time we get a piece of the action!"

He drank... More than I thought he should, but it wasn't my business; not my circus, not my monkeys.

--:::------::------------------->◇<--------------------::------:::---

Debbie invited me to dinner at Sierra's place, since she was living there now, to avoid having to pay bills at the Gallagher's house. She wanted to avoid Fiona at all costs and prove that she was an adult... Even though she was using Neil for his disability and his house. I got there before anyone else, "I didn't think you would come," Debbie said to me, "You know about Lip and Sierra don't you?" 

I nodded, "Sometimes you just need to be a grown-up." 

Then the problem walked in. "Lip, you came," Debbie smiled as she quickly took her attention away from me and towards her brother. 

"Yeah, of course," He nodded awkwardly, "How'd Franny's exam go?" 

"Great!" Debbie smiled, "Healthy, no bruises."

"Good," Lip seemed... Off.

I already knew why he was acting weird, Debbie caught on pretty quickly too. You notice the little things after watching someone struggle. "Have you been drinking?" 

Lip seemed hesitant to answer at first, he then nodded, "Just a couple," He told her, "It's under control." I watched as he looked towards the floor for a moment; avoiding eye contact. It wasn't under control, was it? "Oh, we're doing a send-off thing for Carl tomorrow."