𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦

I went downstairs into the kitchen, the house at the moment was colder than ever, "Jesus, Debs," I complained, "Its freezing in here

I went downstairs into the kitchen, the house at the moment was colder than ever, "Jesus, Debs," I complained, "Its freezing in here."

She looked over her shoulder at me, "Fiona told us to turn the heat down at night, it saves on gas," She said to me, I sighed as I leaned against the counter. Then someone came downstairs, I looked over to see who it was, Lip stopped at the end of the stairs. Oddly enough he had been sticking around a lot more often.

"It is fucking freezing, what's up with the heat?" Lip questioned Debbie, who rolled her eyes at him.

"Fiona has us turning it down at night. Save on gas," Debbie had to explain to him right after she explained to me the same thing.

"Christ, I can almost see my breath!" He continued to complain. I turned around to pour my coffee and then looked in the fridge, it was pretty bare. The house was slowly falling apart without Fiona there to keep it together.

"Well, you will be able to soon. Gas company's cutting us off on Friday," Debbie grabbed the milk off the counter, I unscrewed the cap and sniffed it, it was only a day after expiration so I still used it for my cereal, it wasn't going to kill me.

"I can pay the gas," I told Debbie, "I get paid today," I put the milk back into the fridge and turned around, Lip was staring at me, but I avoided making eye contact with him, "I can pick up some food too."

"Thank you, Mabel," Debbie said with a sincere smile on her face.

Lip cleared his throat, "Uh, what, Fiona didn't pay?" He asked.

"Paid what she could," Debbie replied.

"Alright... Well, I got some money from Amanda's folks. Make a list, we'll pay some bills, yeah?"

I looked over a Debbie for a moment once I heard this, trying to avoid looking at Lip, "Amanda's staying around?" Debbie asked him, annoyance behind her tone.

"Why, you don't like her?" Lip looked confused.

Debbie scoffed, "Would you like me to answer that truthfully?" She asked him, "Hey, if she's paying our bills, I can pretend," Lip rolled his eyes, turning around to go back upstairs. Debbie looked over at me as I went around the other side of the counter, "I'm totally on your side, by the way. The whole Amanda thing really shows how much boys suck."

I let out a small laugh, "Thanks, Debs."

"I'll just make Lip pay for the bills with Amanda's money. I'll give you some sort of emotional distress pass this month," She walked away this time, and her presence was replaced by Lip. I quickly scarfed down my breakfast and went into the living room, making it clear that I had no want to be around him. 

"Hey, Bonnie's brothers need a few Z-packs and a couple bottles of Rid," I heard Carl say as he came down the stairs. Lip le tout a sigh, turning around to look at his brother.