𝘉𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘏𝘰𝘮𝘦 (TW)

Lip and I had finally navigated our way through defining whatever it was we had become, or at least we were on a peculiar bridge between friendship and something more

Lip and I had finally navigated our way through defining whatever it was we had become, or at least we were on a peculiar bridge between friendship and something more. It suited me just fine; we weren't overly clingy, which offered a refreshing sense of freedom. 

This summer, Kev and Lip were back in action with their ice cream truck business, a front for their less-than-legal activities involving fireworks, joints, and, of course, ice cream. With a lack of plans for the day, I decided to lend a hand. Stepping into the truck, I greeted them with a smile, "Hey, Kev, hey, Lip."

Kev wasted no time in putting me to work, "Since you decided to grace us with your presence, how about you work on rolling some spliffs?" He quipped, nodding toward the freezer where their supplies were stored. 

"Sure thing," I agreed, grabbing the necessary materials and settling them in to roll them. As Kev engaged with customers, I stole glances at Lip. Eventually, I couldn't help but strike up a conversation. "Hey, got any more community service hours left?" I inquired. Lip's past escapade involving a stolen laser thing and a scuffle with security guards had landed him with a community service sentence. 

He shrugged casually, "Yeah, a couple. Nothing too crazy."

After a successful a day of sales, Lip and I made our way home together. There was something off about him during the walk, so I took it upon myself to playfully annoy him by poking him. The chase that ensued was lighthearted, culminating in him catching me after a short pursuit. I let out a playful scream before wriggling out of his grasp and darting back to the house. We continued our antics indoors, where Lip managed to apprehend me again, this time by holding my waist to prevent further escapes. Our play was interrupted when Fiona entered the living room, bearing news that demanded everyone's attention. 

"Bad news, folks. We've got some digging to do tonight," Fiona declared, wiping her forehead with a sigh. "The city's coming, and Frank's gone off the rails looking for Aunt Ginger."

Ian's brow furrowed in confusion, "And?"

Fiona sighed, her frustration evident, "And if we don't find her, someone's going to end up behind bars."

"Frank," I chimed in matter-of-factly, tilting my head to one side. After all, it was Frank's property, so the logic seemed straightforward.

Fiona shook her head, a hint of concern etching her features, "There's a body buried out there. We're all implicated," She explained, her tone heavy with a mix of frustration and resignation. "Just another mess we didn't make, but it's on us to clean up. Sooner we start diggin', the sooner it's over." 

Counting myself in, I offered my assistance, "I'm in. Let's get this done." Once Lip released his grip on me, I made my way over to Fiona. Just as I did, V burst into the house, heading straight for the kitchen to search through the drawers.