Wounds

"I don't even remember if I went to my first day of elementary school," I told Fiona as we walked out the front door with Liam, "I think my mom forgot I had to go to school."

"I remember your first day," Fiona told me, must to my surprise; "Monica sent Lip down to your house to get you because your mom told her that you two would walk to school together and you didn't show up at our house," She laughed.

"Oh, yeah!" I started laughing, "I was still in bed and my mom answered the door and was like, oh shit and she made me put on the ugliest outfit she could find and shoved me out the door without lunch." 

Fiona smiled, "I wore a brown dress with owls on it on my first day, it came with a matching backpack... Monica helped me shoplift it from Target." 

"I wore bright yellow pants and a red shirt," The two of us laughed. 

"I wanted to feel like a normal kid for one day," Fiona recalled, "I looked real pretty." 

We stopped at the end of the block, "I think I still want to feel like a normal kid..." 

Fiona put a hand on Liam's head, "You're a big boy now, gonna learn all kinds of new things."

"Exactly," I added, "Math and spelling, science!" 

Liam looked up at the two of us, "I can walk myself," He said matter-of-factly.

Fiona shook her head, "Uh, no."

"It's only two blocks..."

"Fine," Fiona gave in, "Right to school and right home, okay?" 

"Okay."

"Love you!" 

We watched as Liam walked away and Fiona and then the two of us started walking back to the house, "You ever miss your mom?" I asked Fiona; she seemed confused and a little caught of guard. 

She shrugged her shoulders, "It's hard to miss someone who never really was there. She was either gone or mentally gone." 

"Yeah," I replied with a sigh, "I catch myself thinking about my mom and I guess I never really feel sad. More upset that I never had a real mother." 

"You never really talk about her, sometimes it's good to at least just talk about it."

"There's nothing to talk about, is there?"

"I mean, shit, Mabel, she died and your dad took off. There's a lot to talk about."

We walked inside the house and I sat down on the couch, "I tried to talk to Lip about it, now I don't want to talk to him at all." 

Fiona sat down next to me, putting her feet up on the coffee table, "It's unbelievable how you two butt heads, still. It was nice when you guys were actually together and shut up for once." 

Ian walked into the room, "It's not my fault, he's impossible." I told her. Ian sat down next to me, "What's up?" I asked him.

"Do you have a day off for once?" He questioned me.

I nodded, "I decided to take a day for myself for once. Why, something going on?" 

"You want to go to lunch with me and Trevor?" 

"Sure, it would be nice to actually get to talk to him, see what he sees in you," I teased.

|××××××××××|××××××××××|

We were walking out the door when Lip was walking up the sidewalk, walking a little dog. "What the hell is that thing," I questioned him, "Did you get a dog?"

Lip shook his head, "No, not mine. Just my boss's... Uh, anyway, what's up?"

"This is Trevor," Ian introduced him, "This is my brother Lip and his little dog," He teased.

Trevor nodded towards Lip, "Hey, nice to meet you."

Lip looked around awkwardly, he then looked Trevor up and down. There was a silence before he looked back at Ian, "You, uh, got rid of the dude with the lady parts?" He asked and I immediately rolled my eyes, "What was his name?"

Trevor didn't seem too taken aback by his comment, I figured he was used to bigoted remarks like that. "Wow," He said quietly.

"Trevor," Ian said; he seemed angrier with Lip's comment than Trevor was.

"Oh," Lip was now embarrassed, clearly, "Wow," He then seemed impressed.

"Oh, thanks," Trevor was now getting annoyed. 

Lip never could keep his mouth shut, "It's just, you would have never known," I think he thought he was making it better the more he spoke, "I mean, you look real."

"Jesus Christ," I said under my breath.

Trevor tilted his head slightly, "You look real too."

Lip realized that he sounded like a jackass, finally. "I'm sorry," He apologized,   "I really didn't mean anything by it, I just-"

Trevor shrugged it off, "It's fine," He reassured him, "This one's catching on," He patted Ian's shoulder, "Maybe he can educated you." 

"Right," Lip nodded; still looking embarrassed. 

"Well," Ian tried to move past the awkward tension, "We're gonna grab food, we have the day off," Ian motioned towards Trevor and I, the himself as he said this. "You want to come? Stick your foot in your mouth some more?"

Lip shook his head, "I can't," He replied, "I have to clean the schmutz on about a thousand plates at the diner... So, later." 

Trevor, Ian, and I went to a café to eat some food; which was nice to actually be away from work and to be with friends for once. "What's his deal?" Trevor asked, "Lip's, I mean."

"You want the whole story?" Ian asked, "Or just a summary?" 

"Either way, you're going to be occupied for a while," I joked before I took a drink, "Where would we even start, Ian?" 

Trevor leaned forward, looking interested in what was going on, "Do you two have a history or something?"

I groaned, "Sadly." 

"Well, that story would take ages to tell," Ian said, "Let's just say that growing up they were close, then Lip hit puberty and they butted heads constantly. Always arguing, they couldn't sit in the room together without Lip saying something stupid and pissing her off... Then one day they started fucking and now they argue all the time again."

"Well, if he didn't want to fuck every other walking thing, we might be okay." 

Ian shrugged, "I don't think you guys are meant to be in a relationship," He said, "In all honesty, I mean, he pushes your buttons on purpose, you know that, right?" 

I laughed softly, "That's more than obvious." 

Trevor put down the sandwich he was eating, "When was the last time you two had sex? And be honest."

I tried to recall it, but I honestly couldn't figure it out. "I don't know, I've been seeing someone else on the side lately to get my frustration out."

"His name is Dean," Ian told Trevor, "They dated in high school; his dad's rich. I personally think that she should marry him and take all his money." 

"I just don't think I should marry anyone." 

Ian shook his head, "You're going to end up marrying Lip and you know it." 

I groaned, "I hope not. Could you imagine? We would be too stubborn to get a divorce to prove some kind of point and we would be miserable for the rest of our lives."

"Then the kids you two would have, they would be shitheads."

|××××××××××|××××××××××|