𝘉𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘍𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨

30 days

30 days. Lip went to rehab for 30 days after our conversation, and it wasn't by his own choice. His professor forced him to go, considering he got expelled and smashed up his car windows. I didn't know how to feel, I guess I felt happy he was getting help, but a little betrayed that he didn't tell the truth, but that's what addicts do, they deny and hide it. After the wedding, Sean ran off to be with Will, Fiona took up managing Patsy's and was doing a kickass job at it. Lip was being released today, I wasn't sure if he was going to show up to say hi at work, or if I would just see him at home. But, to my surprise, he showed up at work, I turned around, "Lip!" I said as I ran over to him, wrapping my arms around him in a tight hug.

"Hey," He responded, stepping back to look down at me, "You look fucking great, wow," He smiled before he raised a brow.

"How are you?" 

"Uh, never been better. I got a pocket full of AA chips, got a new four-pack-a-day cigarette habit to keep me off the hooch, too busy hacking up a lung to drink," He itched the back of his head awkwardly.

"Do you want coffee?" I asked as we walked over to the counter, he nodded and sat down.

"Sure, that'd be good."

Fiona was rushing around trying to figure out what was going on in the restaurant, "Eight hasn't been bussed in... Like 20 minutes," Someone said as they walked passed, "Where's Paco?" 

"Washing dishes," Fiona said,  "Vilma's at Urgent Care still... I'll bus it," She said before she put some stuff down and Lip looked over towards her.

"You're the boss now?" He questioned her, raising a questioning brow.

"Temporarily," Fiona let out a small sigh, "I'm filling in till they find a new manager, I can't wait to get back to waiting tables," She wiped her brow with a huff, "This job sucks..."

Lip pointed at the tattoo that Fiona was sporting on her forearm, "What's with the tattoo?"

"Something to remind me not to be an idiot," She put her arm out, the tattoo read warrior, "I was gonna get it tattooed on my forehead, but chickened out," She looked over at Lip once again, he was taking a sip of his coffee, "You want something to eat?" 

Lip itched the back of his head, "Uh- uh, no, but, I could use a job, I'm a little short on cash."

"What about college?" I questioned him, giving him a look, a sort of displeased look, maybe a hint of disappointment, "Did you just give up on that?" 

"It's not for me."

Fiona crossed her arms and let out a frustrated sigh, "So, is your future off the table too?" She asked with a focused look on her face, she didn't want Lip to fuck up his life, I sure as hell didn't want that either.

"No, I got a professor, he's- uh- he's gonna help me find something, a tech startup or IT... It just might be a while before I get paid, you know?"