𝘋𝘳𝘶𝘨 𝘙𝘶𝘯

I went to the Alibi with Lip for some drinks after I sobbed for a while, he figured that I needed it

I went to the Alibi with Lip for some drinks after I sobbed for a while, he figured that I needed it . I walked in and sat down at the bar, "Yo, Phillip, thought you were in school?" Kev asked once he saw the two of us sitting there, he placed the glass he just finished cleaning on the bar. 

"Yeah, no... I was," Lip replied as he lazily shrugged his shoulders, "I just, I have a little tuition problem."

"And you," Kev looked at me, "You seem strung out, what's up?"

I looked up from the floor, "Oh, uh..." I chuckled awkwardly, "My mom ended up overdosing, killed herself... Well, not on purpose or whatever, but, yeah, she's gone," I told him, watching as his eyes widened in shock.

"No shit, Kandis is dead? Holy shit, I'm sorry," He leaned against he bar, I nodded before he turned his attention back to Lip, "So, Lip, pulling a Frank and day drinking?"

Lip shook his head, "Oh, no, uh... Listen, I need to make bank and fast, I'm talking Oprah money or they kick me out of school."

Kev sighed, grabbing a rag to wipe off the counter, "Look, man, I would love to help you out, but I only got like $23.75 in the till."

Kev then grabbed a glass and made me a drink, he slid it over to me as I continued to listen to their conversation, "We start up the ice cream truck again," Lip suggested, "Except this time without the truck."

Kev gave him a confused look, "I don't get it."

"Well, it's dorms, right? I mean, they're a permanent ice cream truck," Lip attempted to explain, but Kev continued to stare at him with a confused look, "Look, I'm the RA, which is like the kind of the fucking dorms, and it's pledge week. Which means everybody's wasted 24/7, sellers market."

"Yeah, man, I hear ya. I got kids now."

"Yeah, I know. Which is why you need the money."

I nodded in agreement, Kev stood there, seeming lost in thought for a second before he looked over at Kermit, "Hey, Kermit, you ever bartend before?"

"At my niece's wake," Kermit replied, "It was a sad, sad day..." 

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Kev said, "Hey, bartend for me for a little bit and wait for V, then you get to drink free all week," He tossed him the rag and walked around the other side of the bar, an excited look on his face, "I always wanted to go to college."

Lip leaned over to me, placing a quick kiss on my temple, "I'll call you later and check in on you and Ian. Hopefully Debs got him to take his meds... See you later."

"Yeah, see you later," I said to him, smiling before I watched him leave the bar with Kev.

* . °•★|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

 I went back to the house, walking in to an interesting conversation that was being held between Carl and Frank, it definitely made me stop in my tracks, "Put the drugs on Chuckie, just strap him up," Frank said to Carl, who was standing there with a puzzled look on his face.