3. the man

Bahrain
Wednesday

Ariella's Pov

Lunch lasted about an hour and a half. George and I talked together most of the time.

George drives me back to the hotel and walks me all the way to my door, even though his room is on the other side of the hotel.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I tell him before I go into my hotel room.

"Sooooooooo." A familiar voice coos from inside the hotel room.

"My God Parks you almost gave me a heart attack." I exaggerate while dramatically holding a hand over my heart.

She's lying down on the hotel room bed, stomach down, her head in her hands propped up with he elbows, all while kicking her feet. The exact same position she was in every time we would gossip as teenagers.

"He walked you to your door. There's definitely something there." Straight to the point.

"Right to the interrogation, no hello? I think it's the least you can do, considering you broke in." I pull out a pair of shorts and a t-shirt from my suitcase before I head to the bathroom and turn the shower on.

Parker shouts from farther in the room. "It's not breaking in if I have a key. Now tell me what happened."Judging by her voice saying the second part, she is probing lying in the same position with a huge smile on her face, anxious to hear the gossip that doesn't exist.

I poke my head out the doorway of the bathroom so I can see her.

"Parker, you were there." I remind her.

"Not for the drive back! Now spill!"

"Nothing happened we just talked." I shrug

"Talked?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Yes we talked like friends do, like how you and I are right now."

"Boring" She drags the word out to exaggerate it. I laugh and shake my head at her.

"So what's going on with you and Lando? He drove you there and back too didn't he?"

"I don't like this game. Go take your shower." She shoos me with her hand and I do just that, once again shaking my head at her while laughing.

I think I took all of the hotels hot water. I wasn't even in there for that long but it started getting cold.

Parker was still on my bed when I got out of the shower. Only this time she was sitting up against the backboard and watching television.

I'm about to sit down next to her when someone knocks on the door.

Opening it, I'm faced with the Mercedes driver.

"I forgot to give this back to you." He holds out my white jacket in front of him. He offered to hold it on the way to my room and I forgot to grab it back after.

"Oh my god I totally forgot, thank you." I take the jacket from his hands.

He looks to be contemplating something then just says, "Yeah, uh I'll see you tomorrow." I smile and nod before shutting the door on him.