5. the euphoric feeling

George

George
-I'm really sorry about today. I hate that the consequences of our team's mistakes fell on you.

Ariella
It's alright. I overreacted slightly after the- race.

George
-It was understandable. Make up over dinner?

Ariella
I would but I'm having dinner with the team.-

George
-Dessert then?

Ariella
Okay. You're driving though.-

George
-Perfectly fine. I'll pick you up at 21:00??

Ariella
Sounds good-
________________________________

Ariella's pov

"What are you all giddy about?" Parker asks me, walking out of my bathroom after changing. She's in my room more than she is in her own.

"I'm not giddy!" I defend my self maybe a little too quickly.

"Ehhhhhh" I send her a glare.

"I've gotta go or else I'm gonna be late for dinner. Lock the door when you leave please." she nods in confirmation, which tells me I'm free to leave.

I see Max further down the hallway and catch up to him.

"Hey taxi."

"Oh not you too." He groans at the nickname, I just laugh at his response.

"Great result today." He got pole position.

"Yeah, you too. p4 is great, considering what happened."

I nod in agreement. "I would've kept going, but I couldn't steer after he hit me."

"Ah it's alright you'll show everyone tomorrow." He turns to me, a smile across his features.

"God, I hope so."

Max and I split when we reach the hotel parking lot, driving to the restaurant separately. Even so, we still got to the restaurant at about the same time.

I find my seat at the table, which is between Rocky and Max. Looking around the table I really only notice the more influential faces of the team. Like our principal and directors.

Christian and I make eye contact and he makes his way over to my seat, he was greeting everyone and had yet to sit down at his own seat.

He puts a hand on my shoulder and lowers the upper half of his body a little so I can better hear him in the loud atmosphere.

"Really proud of you today. I want to see similar, if not better, performance tomorrow."

"Yeah, 'course. Thank you."

He gives me a final smile before patting my shoulder twice and finding his seat, which just happens to be right in front of Max and I. Makes sense.