19. not quite blue, not entirely green

Imola
Wednesday

George

George
-put on a swimsuit and something comfy over I'm gonna pick you up at your room soon

Ariella
Alright mystery guy-

I throw my green bikini on, suddenly thankful I bring it with me to every city we travel. Over top I'm wearing a pair of beige sweat shorts and a black sweatshirt.

Just in time too because I get a knock on my door just then. I open it to see the British man wearing colorful swim trunks, a black Mercedes hoodie, and a turquoise Mercedes hat to top off the look.

The two of us make our way quickly and quietly through the halls and out the door. I keep my head down once we're in the car. "You wanna tell me where we're going?" I look up at him slightly. He glances at me quickly before removing his hat and blindly placing it on my head. The hat further shields me from the prying eyes of the outside world.

He shakes his head. "No can do. Sorry." The sorry was sarcastic. "But it's a decently long drive so get comfy." He hands me the aux cord so I can control the music.

I press shuffle on one of my playlists and the first song to come up is 'I know places' by Taylor Swift.

"This one's good! Like really good!" He says during the bridge of the song, turning the volume up as high as it can go.

He tries to sing along with me and fails miserably, drawing a laugh out of me. Even so, I admire the attempt and the effort at understanding my interests. It causes a heat to rush to my face, no doubt becoming red.

After a few more of my songs, I turn to the brunette on my right. "Any song you want to hear?" He doesn't answer for a moment, presumably thinking of a response.

"Something by Drake." I just hun in response, which he must've taken as a negative reaction. "What? Is there something wrong with Drake?" He sounds slightly panicked, which I find entertaining.

A downturned smile plays across my features as I shake my head. "Nope. Nothing wrong." He doesn't buy it, clearly because he keeps pressing me. "No really what is it?" He laughs, but it's the stressful kind of laugh. The one you would hear out of someone in an awkward situation.

I find myself shaking my head once again. "No, really it's nothing! I just wouldn't expect you to like Drake." I shrug, finally giving him the explanation he was begging me for.

He looks offended for a moment. "What's that supposed to mean?" He acts as if I called his a myriad of names.

I shrug, once again. "It means what I just said. When I look at you I don't think Drake. Maybe like some super British rapper, though." He drops his jaw at the second part, offended that I just accused him of that.

"And when I look at you I think Australian Boy Band." He says in a matter-of-fact tone. I narrow my eyes at the boy. "They aren't a boyband. You know that." He just hums in response, like I did not too long ago. "Aren't they?" He asks suggestively.

I pull my phone out from my pocket. "Idk, let's ask them." I say while pulling up Ashton's number, but never get the chance to call because he takes the phone from my hand and puts it under his thigh.

I put my hands up, unbelieving of the theft I just witnessed. "Nice one, now how am I going to put on Drake?" My hands come down abruptly, causing a loud slap against my thighs. He unplugs my phone from the aux and hands the cord and his own phone over to me.

"Password is 6-3-2-3." He turns to me briefly to smile at me. I sit unmoving for a moment with the phone and cord in hand, not yet processing exactly what was happening in that moment.