9. Mario Kart

Saudi Arabia
Saturday, March 18
after qualifying

Ariella's pov

I qualified in p6. A worse result then last week. George qualified p9, also a worse result than last week.

Rocky and I decide to go to dinner together after qualifying. Nothing romantic just as friends.

"Did you see Daniel's new jpg post?" Rocky asks me when we take a seat at our table.

I furrow my brows. "No, why?" His phone was already out and he turns it so I can see it. A horrendous picture of me is shown on the small screen.

"Oh my god I'm gonna kill him for that." It's not necessarily a terrible picture, but a picture of me clinging onto a tree like a koala is one I would personally never post.

Mainly because I know the team and my friends will never live it down.

Rocky thinks it's hysterical. He's laughing harder than I've ever seen.

"I'm glad you think this is so funny." I frown, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh come on El, it's not even that bad." He tries to reason with me through his laughs.

"Then why are you laughing so hard?!" I throw a hand out to gesture to him.

"Because your reaction! God I would hate to be Daniel." He's not laughing as hard now, but a huge smile is still across his face.

A little girl with blonde hair runs up to our table, holding a Red Bull hat and a silver pen. The girl couldn't be any older than six. A woman follows not far behind her

"Hi!" The little girl shouts enthusiastically.

"Well hello, what's your name?" The girl is practically jumping up and down she's so filled with excitement.

"I'm so sorry about this!" The same woman who was following behind the girl is the one to apologize. She looks embarrassed.

"Oh no don't be! She's so cute!" My words seem to calm the woman a little.

"Fallon!" The blonde girl shouts, reminding me of the question I had asked her.

"Oh Fallon I love that name! Can I sign that for you?" I gesture towards the hat still in her hands. She nods enthusiastically and carefully passes me the hat and silver pen.

"I want to be a race car driver like you when I grow up!" Her smile is impossibly wide.

"I think you will be. There you go." I smile at the girl and hand her back her hat. "And here's something else for you." I take the Red Bull keychain off my keys and hand it to the girl. She leaves with the older woman, excitedly showing her what she got.

"What did you do that for?" He asks in regards to the keychain.

I shrug. "I've never had anyone that excited to see me before. And the way she said she wanted to be like me? It made me think I'm actually making a difference being here despite all the negativity." Rocky smiles and nods, then stares off into space. I see the perfect opportunity.