28. red flag

Spain
Sunday

George's pov

"Red flag, George." I hear over the radio.

One of the Red Bulls was spun out and hit the barriers hard. Along with it went a McLaren. I wasn't able to tell who it was but I hope with everything in me it wasn't Ellie. Sorry Max.

"Yeah. Who was it? Are they alright?" I'm slightly terrified for the answer, fearing for the worst.

"It was Irwin and Fulver. Both of them are okay." Shit.

Parker and Ariella crashing sure as hell isn't going to mend anything between them.

I take off my helmet and balaclava. The race won't restart for another 40 minutes, no point in us sitting there.

I catch Max, figuring he may have more information than we do. "She's gone to the hospital, broken arm." He informs me quietly. I assume they don't want it to be public information yet.

I run a hand through my hair, thinking of a next logical move. Obviously I can't ditch the race to go with her, that wouldn't be logical.

"Mate you've got to chill out, you look terrified." Max pulls me from my train of thought with a hand on my shoulder, shaking me gently. "Yeah, well..." I trail off, hoping he would understand what I mean.

I hop right back on that previously taken train, still unable to figment an idea that's not going to be entirely insane. The train is hit with a giant brick wall, every brick is labeled clearly with the same rational idea.

I leave the Dutchman to hunt down a certain Australian that I know will be able and willing to do what I can't.

"Daniel I need a favor." I found him near Red Bulls portion of the pit wall. "Another one? Really? Was the Koala not enough?" He jokes in reference to the caramello Koala I bribed out of him.

Daniel follows me to a place where we were less likely to be overheard. "Can you go with Ellie to the hospital and send me updates?" I glance around, making sure the possibility of evesdroppers was clear.

The Australian has a stupid smirk on his face. "Ellie." He mock me for the nickname, before laughing loudly and throwing his head back as he does so.

I roll my eyes, then wait for him to finish his fit. "You done?" I ask, slightly irritated that he's laughing in this moment. "Yeah, I'll send you updates mate." He then turns around, wrapping his arms around himself and wiggles around making kissy noises to make fun of me and Ariella.

I push his backside slightly. He stumbles forward dramatically and walks off laughing.

-☆-

I finished p3. Surprisingly, considering the only thing I was thinking about was Ariella. Wondering if she's okay, or if she's upset I couldn't make it sooner.

I practically ran through the media pen, answering their questions as quickly as possible. I just wanted to get to the hospital.

When I'm finally good to go, I don't even go to change. I make my way right to my car as quickly as possible while reading Daniels multiple texts.

Daniel

Daniel
-yeah she's definitely got a broken arm

-a green cast😱 what will Christian say about these Aston colours?

-bring a marker. She won't let anyone else sign it until you do.