11. an unfamiliar feeling

Australia
Tuesday

Ariella's pov

I planned to fly separately to Sydney so I could be home for a couple days but Gemma insisted against it, which I guess worked out because Max invited Daniel and I to fly with him on his jet, which he probably regretted.

"Please turn that off before I throw you out my jet." Max groans and covers the top half of his face with a hand. I laugh at the scene.

Daniel, who seemingly fabricated a speaker out of thin air, decided to start playing the national anthem as loud as possible as soon as we got over the country.

Daniel didn't comply to Max's wishes which only made Max get up and start wrestling him for the speaker.

I laugh at the memory, shaking my head.

"What's so funny?" Gemma questions from the other end of the couch.

Originally, Gemma came to my hotel to talk business. Boring. So I ignored her and she eventually gave up. Now we're watching some show. I'm not really paying attention to that either.

"Just remembering something that happened earlier." I shake my head and wave her question off. Her face turns to one of understanding and she turns back to the screen. My phone buzzes from my lap.

Don't stop fans (not)

Luke
Riaaaaaa when are you getting home????-

Ariella
-I'll be at MY home after the race Sunday

Ashton
SUNDAY??? No mom is already losing her mind pls make it sooner for my sake or I may actually die-

Calum
pls Ari, Ashton has become unbearable.-

Ariella
-I wish I could do something about it but I cannot escape
-aren't you guys coming to the race Sunday anyways?

Luke
Hey! Who told???-

Ashton
Not me-

Calum
Not it-

Michael
I didn't do it-

Ariella
-mom did. she said she was sorry though.

Luke
ANNE??? How could she.-

Ariella
-SHE SAID SHE FELT BAD

Michael
You begged it out of her didn't you?-

Ariella
-gotta go guys media duties

Calum
HAHA-

"So what have you been up to? You're always kind of a mystery." Gemma adverts her eyes from the tv to meet my inquisitive gaze. She appears to think for a moment.

"You know that engineer of yours, Adam?" Gemma's question causes me to tilt my head to the side, analyzing her, trying to predict the direction this will go in. It's no use though, she's impossible to read.