10. "those walls aren't very thick"

Saudi Arabia
Race day

Ariella's pov

Starting p6 doesn't give me much confidence. But of course, I will push for a better finish than what I start with.

A knock on the open door of my drivers room diverts my attention from getting ready.

"Hey Rocky." My greeting wasn't very enthusiastic. He raises his eyebrows, acknowledging the lack of passion.

"You good?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just not very happy about where I'm starting." He nods, understanding my frustration.

"I have something that might make you feel better." By the look on his face, I can tell he's trying not to laugh.

I give him a look telling him to continue.

"Have you been on social media today or yesterday?" I shake my head in response to the question.

I usually stay off my social media's. I've found it's not really good for me, I tend to spiral when I go onto my socials.

"Twitter seems to think our posts yesterday was a soft launch for our 'romantic relationship'." He puts air quotes around the words romantic relationship.

"Are you serious?" I ask him though a fit of giggles.

"Dead."

"Wait I wanna see! I wanna see! show me! show me!" I run up to him like a little kid as he pulls up tweets. He was not lying. People are actually going insane over it.

"Here wait." I grab my phone off the table and take a .5 of us. Both of us having the same initial reaction when a camera is pointing at us, to put a thumbs up and smile.

I post the picture on my story with a text saying "just friends guys" with a little thumbs up emoji added.

"Do you really think that'll do something?" His phone now displaying the newly posted story as he asks me the question through his eyelashes.

"Probably not. It might actually make them suspect more but I mean if it keeps them entertained!" I throw my hands up and he shakes his head with a smile on his face.

James appears in the doorway behind Rocky.

"Hey warm ups come on." He disappears back out the door after saying this, probably assuming I'm following him.

I throw Rocky a questioning look at James's cranky state. He throws his hands up as if to say "I don't know." I roll my eyes before running to catch up with James.

"What's up with you?" I inquire, bumping his arm with my own.

"Nothing." He shakes his head and continues to walk. "Everything, actually. Everyone is getting on my nerves!" He stops walking.

"Hey me too! High five!" He leaves me hanging and instead point behind me.

"Go stand right outside your drivers room."

I bring my arm back down to my side. "You made me walk all this way for nothing?" It actually wasn't even that far of a walk. Not far at all really.