33. something happens when everybody finds out

London
Wednesday

Ariella's pov

The pent up tears start pouring from my eyes as soon as I take a seat on the car. My throat hurts from holding back the flood for as long as I did.

I wanted to stay. I wanted to run right back into that flat, right into his arms so he could hold me tighter than ever before. I wanted to never let go of him. I would've never let go of him, but that option was unrealistic.

I sit in the dark of the car, my knees brought up to my chest as I sob into my hands. I let the small salty puddles coat the skin of my hands, each drop that lands is another reminder of what I just did. What I can't take back no matter how much I want to.

I ball up one of my fists and hit the center console as hard as I possibly could. Weather it was out of frustration, anger, sadness, regret, I don't know. All I know is it was a poor attempt at getting the emotions out, and the only thing it achieved was causing more pain.

I lift my head and stare at the dark car park ahead of me. I manage to calm down just enough to make a call.

"Hey Ari!"

"Hey Parks." There's no attempt made to sound remotely okay.

"Shit are you alright?" She sounds worried. I hate to make people worry about me.

"Yeah uh I've just got a really huge favor to ask."

"Yeah anything what is it?"

"Could I maybe crash with you and Lando for the rest of the week? I know it's-" I'm unable to finish because she cuts me off with her answer

"Yes, absolutely. I'll have him send you the address."

"Thank you, Parker." I'm relieved she agreed. If not, I really would have no place to go. Maybe a hotel but that would be it.

"Any time. I love you be safe."

"I love you too parks." I end the call.

I stare at the ceiling and take three really deep breaths. I blink repeatedly, trying and clear my vision but of course it's no use and the river continues it's steady stream from my eyes.

When I get my eyes to clear just enough I put Lando's address into the gps and follow it's directions right to his front door where Parker hugs me as soon as the door is open.

Of course, the affection turns light shower coming from my eyes into a full downpour. My bags are taken from my hands by Lando and Parker slowly walks with me to the guest room.

She sits me down on the bed with her. "How bad was it?" She asks, assuming what happened and I know her assumptions are right.

I sob into her shoulder. "Terrible. He looked completely shattered. I hate that I'm the one who caused that Parker. I absolutely hate it." Hiccups happen in between syllables because of the unstoppable flow of tears.

"What happened? I don't understand you guys seemed so happy together." She runs a hand through my hair comfortingly. "Christian." His name comes out in a sob. "I don't understand." I can feel her shaking her head, confused at my short and unhelpful explanation.

Gemma grabs hold of my elbow as I'm talking to Daniel, who's getting ready for the race."Christian wants to see you in his office." She whispers in my ear. I nod and follow her to his small room.

She leaves to two of us alone. "What did I tell you?" I furrow my brows, not sure of what he's talking about. He picks up on my confusion "I told you not to get romantically involved with George or Max. And that's exactly what you did." I can tell he's angry but his words remain calm. I stay silent.

"I want you to break it off." He orders, a finger pointing at me. "He's obviously a distraction to your racing. Just look what happened." He gestures to my broken arm. I nod, showing I understand his words. "If you don't, I'm sorry to tell you but you're out of a seat here next year." My contract with them was only good for this season, so his threat is entirely possible.

"I understand." I nod again. "You can go now." He waves me off and goes back to looking over the papers on his desk. "Thank you." I leave quickly and find an empty conference room so I could get ahold of my emotions before I go back into the public eye.

I couldn't lose my seat. Doing that would mean losing everything I've worked toward my entire life. I couldn't have that. I couldn't have sacrificed my entire childhood for nothing. I knew what I had to do.

"You're kidding?" Parker asks after I recall the memory to her. I shake my head and more tears stain her shirt. "I'm going to kill him. Like actually." I laugh at her protective comments. "I mean seriously? A distraction? What a lane reason. And he had nothing to do with your accident, my brakes literally weren't working!" She rants on about his reasonings.

"He has absolutely no business meddling in your love life. And threatening your seat over it too! I mean for fucks sake!" She continues ranting on and it makes me chuckle a little.

I look up from her shoulder, noticing the large wet stain on her shirt when I do so. "Thank you." The words of gratitude aren't for anything in particular. She's done so much for me and I fear I don't say the words to her enough.

"Lando!" She calls her boyfriend, who wastes no time to appear in the doorway. "Can you go get a big tub of ice cream from the store and two iced coffees and also a lot of snacks?" She asks and he quickly agrees, disappearing from the doorway.

The rest of the night we lay in bed together watching our favorite comedies while eating ice cream and the snacks Lando kindly went out to get.

He occasionally checked up on us throughout the first movie before I insisted he joined us on the rest of our comedy marathon. He was hesitant at first but gave in when Parker and I begged him enough.

(1070 words)
☆———————————————————☆
A/N - Bestie Christian from the beginning of this book is NO MORE

short chapter sorry faves

Also Ik lando lives in Monaco let me pretend tho okay pls 😔