16. cake batter ice cream

Miami
Friday

Baku was rough. I qualified p7, but managed to get p3 in the sprint. That was the only positive thing that happened that weekend, because I hardly moved up the grid during the race, finishing p5. 

Thankfully, Max scored a lot of points for the team. He finished p2 in the sprint and p1 in the race.

Now in Miami with a new weekend, new track, and a cleared mind, I'm feeling more confident about this weekend. Having placed p2 in fp 1 and 2 helped with that.

The paddock they've given us this weekend was pretty astounding. I'm not much of an American Football fan, but I can admit being inside the stadium is cool. Especially when I get to watch all the other drivers embarrass themselves. None of them could throw an American football if their life depended on it. Well except for Alex who managed to make it on his first try, surprisingly beating Logan.

While watching Carlos and Charles attempt the course, Daniel runs up to me carrying a large smile on his face. "Ariella, please will you please race me on tiny jet boats?" He drags out the second 'please'. He has his hands out in front of him, clasped, as a way of begging me silently. I can feel my face contort in confusion, trying to decipher if this is a joke or not.

"What?" I end up laughing at his request. "They told me that I need to find a partner who is willing to race me on the tiny jets." He says quickly while pointing at no one.

I shake my head at him. "Yeah, okay I'll race you on tiny jet boats." I agree and the sentence comes out more as a question than a statement. He jumps up, throwing his hands above his head in victory. He then motions for me to follow him before running off, not even checking if I'm following.

He was not lying when he said tiny jet boats. They're legit tiny jet boats. The only two of them bearing Red Bull paint on their exteriors.

Whipping around the liquid track, the water coating my clothes cools me down from the hot Miami weather.

I absolutely crushed Danny in that race. Well I wouldn't say crushed but I still beat him by three seconds.

I quickly rush back to the paddock once finished, knowing the team will have extra shirts. The Red Bull shirt I currently have on is soaked and sticking to my body. I didn't bring a change of clothes, unknowing of the activities I would be participating in today.

Reaching the Red Bull motorhomes, I spot Max and George. Max is laughing his ass off about something while George looks to be making an attempt at physically fighting him.

I ignore the two and instead enter the Red Bull territory where I thankfully find Gemma right away. She directs me to the extra shirts and I quickly thank her before hurrying off in that direction.

With a new dry shirt on, I'm ushered to do more media duties. Thankfully for me, it was just a chat with Lissie Mackintosh.

"I want to know what it's like to be you. You know, being one of two girls competing in a male dominated sport. That's got to be hard, isn't it?" I kind of breathe out a laugh to her question, it definitely comes off a little nervous.

"Well, yes it's difficult to be in a male dominated sport. Especially because there's so much pressure on us, Parker and I, to do good. Because, you know, if we don't do good everyone's going to notice, everyone's going to be constantly bringing it up, and they'll use it to say 'they shouldn't be in the sport' or 'this sport isn't made for women'. So, yes it's tiring but it's what I've wanted to do since forever, so I'm glad I get to do it even with all that happening." She listens intently to my lengthy explanation, nodding at certain points to show me her attention hadn't wavered.