23. talk fast, romance

Monaco
Saturday

Ariella's pov

Why is putting a title on something so difficult?

I haven't told Parker yet, I'm still contemplating on how to because in retrospect, George and I are no different than Lando and Her. It'll make me seem like a hypocrite if I try to explain it to her. George and I never put a label on us, no 'dating', nothing.

Besides relationship problems, Monaco is insanely beautiful. I'm staying with Max in his apartment and it's got an amazing view off the balcony.

Leaning on the railing of the balcony, I look down at the city below, noticing how the sun reflects beautifully off the blue of the water, making it sparkle as it moves in waves.

A familiar black Ferrari with a white and red stripe down the middle passes a nearby street and I laugh silently to myself, knowing who the car belong too all too well.

A few more moments are spent staring at the events happening down below before a voice interjects my thoughts, causing me to jump slightly. "You almost ready? If we don't leave now we are definitely going to be late then." Max appears next to me, joining me on the railing.

My hand goes over my heart at the unsuspecting voice. "Hell Max, you gave me a scare." I turn to him with wide eyes.

My hand falls and my head cocks to the side. "You're one to talk about being late to things." I  jab a finger into his side as I walk back into the apartment.

He groans, following me in from the balcony. "It was one time. You can't judge a man based off one event." He says this like it's the most obvious thing on earth.

I shake my head. "Hmm, no I can, I will, and I am." I shout over my shoulder to the man who is sat on the couch now, waiting for me to be ready. Even if I can't see the blonde, I can tell he's already rolled his eyes at my statement.

"Be a little slower why don't you!" His sarcastic voice travels to where I am in his guest room, packing an extra outfit to bring with me just in case they're needed.

When I return to the living room, he's leaning over the back of the couch, pouting as he rests his head on the cushions with his arms thrown over the back of the black furnishing.

"Alright child, let's go." I motion him along with a hand as he narrows his eyes at me for the insult before he jumps up from the cushiony surface.

"I drive!" He talks in a high pitch voice, bolting it past me to make it to the door first. I just shake my head with no intention to protest his decision in mind.

"How are you and George?" Max asks the question seriously when we get into the car. I shrug my shoulders. "Fine, I guess." I fiddle with one of the bracelets on my wrist, twirling and twisting it around my finger.

"Just, 'fine'?" A hint of concern can be detected in his voice. I don't look up and continue to mess with the colorful beaded bracelet. I angle it in different directions so the sun hits the translucent beads just right, making them more vibrant than before.

"Yeah." I try to sound convincing, maybe even positive, but I know it doesn't work.

"Alright, what is it?" The blonde finally pries for more out of me after noting what was probably multiple signs from me.

The familiar action of shrugging overcomes my shoulders once again. "Well I guess you could say we're seeing each other, but nothing is really official. It's exactly like what I was badgering Parker about and now I feel awful that I'm being a sort of hypocrite." I explain, the words falling from my lips quickly as I spit the emotions out like poison.