Chapter 1

I looked at the lifeless body of my mother in front of me. She was dead, she died and took my soul with her. She was a wonderful woman, so kind, generous,  even though we were poor she always told me to live happily, that one day things will become alright.

I got the memories of my past life on my sixth birthday when I fell from a tree that I reincarnated into this novel as the villianess who is definitely going to die sooner or later.

But I don't care I will live like I want till I really die again.

Today was the day when he will come , the Grand Duke of Selteriola, Selueous Ecart who adopted me.

Even though I didn't read the novel fully but I know a little bit about the characters and the setting. This novel was set at the prestigious Aleonar academy of magic and noblety where the heroine goes and fell in love with the male lead character.

There were many volumes of this novel each with a different male lead but I just happen to read the volume 1 and that also less than half.

I sighed at the voice of footsteps that approached me.

"Hello lady Katherine" I didn't even need to raise my head to know that he is the Duke.

Of all things why do this Duke have to adopt her, it's not like she has some amazing elemental attributes, she has none.

"We should go" he presented his hand for me to take.

I took his hand and stood up all the while thinking that no matter what happens I will live like myself and if I have to die in the end who cares...not me.

He took me to his mansion which was more like a castle, well the Duke was a powerful person and even the King made sure not to get on his bad side.

At the entrance of the mansion were standing her now step brother and step sister looking displeased by their father's decision to adopt a girl off the street.Damn Nobles.

Lucas the elder brother was handsome boy at this age too, wearing a well presented tuxedo.

Rosaline was also a beauty to look at, at such a young age she looked awfully cute wearing those lacy gowns, and that tight corset, I wonder how she managed to walk in that.

I am thankful that mother never made me wear such a horrible thing and now that I look at it I the villainess look more presentable than this girl in my eye.

As the villainess I also look really cute as I am in one way or another her rival but I don't intend to , the only reason that I agreed with the Duke to come here was because there will be lots of books to read in the library. Enhance my knowledge and when the time is ripe I might just go on world tour.

I looked at the faces of my brother and sister, Lucas' face was as expected emotionless while on the other hand their was a frown on Rosaline's face.

Isn't she supposed to be a sweet and cheerful heroine with a welcoming smile so why is she behaving like that.

To not think about my siblings I instead looked at the mansion, It was beautifully designed and has statues of griffins and gargoyles at the front but what really caught my eyes was the garden.

It's not like I was fond of flowers but nature gives me peace, there were trees at the corners, I wonder how it will feel to sit in the shade while reading a book. I think this will be my favorite spot in the mansion well, except for the library.

"These are now your siblings, Rosaline and Lucas" the Duke said disturbing my thoughts.

"Nice to meet you, I am Katherine, I will be in your care " I said as I did a small curtsey to which Lucas nodded and Rosaline just frowned.

"I hope you will treat your sister well" father said to them. It felt really weird calling him father.

He looked at me again and gave me a small smile. He then motioned for someone to come.

I looked in the direction he pointed to she a girl no more than eighteen years old came out in a maid outfit.

"This is Anne, she will be your personal maid from now. Anne take her to her room" he said. I just looked at the girl she was pretty.

"You should go and rest , we will talk at dinner" my father said and left me with the others. Rosaline scoffed and eyed me up and down taking in my appearence and frowned.

I was beautiful than her. I mentally laughed at the real Katherine as she felt bothered by these kids they are just too childish.

"Let me show you to your room my lady" said Anne motioning me to go inside the house and I did.

She took me to my room which was beautiful. There was huge bed in the middle of the room with silky curtains surrounding it. There was a study table in one corner and a vanity table at the other.

On the right and left there were two doors which I asumed were of the bathroom and the closet.

I sat on the bed thinking about my life but after a minute gave up I really don't care what happens in the end until I can live like I want.

I looked at Anne as she stood in the corner her head bowed down. I frowned at her behaviour, don't judge I am not used to these things and aren't she supposed to look me in the eye as she hated that I was a commoner by blood.

I ignored her and went outside to explore the house. I got curious glances from the maids who passed by as I searched for the library.

After a while of searching I finally found it, it was in the east wing and was really big stuffed with lots and lots of books. My face lit up at the thought of reading them all.

This was heaven as I sat down in the corner on a chair and started to read totally oblivious to my surroundings.