Chapter 44

"He indeed looks like sir Davan but he can't be him, he died more than a decade ago" Davis confirmed.

Katherine and the others looked at each other. There was definitely something fishy about this.

"Well, we can ask Sir Syrus about, I am sure he will know who he is"

"Who is Syrus now?" asked Xander.

He was getting annoyed, first a demon, who the Grand Duke knows and us also Katherine's maternal uncle leads them here.

They many people, no demons surround them and he disappears. Then when they  ask about him they are told that the demon died more than a decade ago.

Now they are telling them to go to God knows whom.

"He is the prime minister here and also the one handling all the political affairs in absence of the ruler....." Davis said.

"Ok, can you lead us to the castle" asked Katherine after Davis finished his long speech.

"Sure your highness"

Davis lead them to the castle and stopped before the gate.

"Your highness, this is the castle and farther you would have to go by yourself" Davis bowed.

"Why aren't you coming?" asked Damian to Davis.

"Only Royalties and their chosen men can enter the castle for now, after the Queen's death it has been like this" he said.

Katherine didn't say anything and went inside, this thing was probably to not let the society know the complicated circumstances.

She went inside but the other four were stopped at the gate.

"What?!" Xander asked.

"You can't go in" the guard stationed at the main gate said.

"Why can't we go in?" asked Xander frustrated when the guard stopped him.

"The castle is not a tourist place, not anyone can enter inside" said Davis making Xander more and more irritated.

Katherine has also stopped walking and looked behind.

"I am her fiancée and have the right to go in" Xander stated.

Listening to the word fiancée the guards immediately put down their spears and bowed making way for him.

"Really sorry, Your highness, Please go in" Davis said bowing.

Even though demons were said to be insolent but the line between common demons and royalty was drawn clear.
The royal family takes good care of the demons but when offended you can't even escape from then even if you run to hell.

"Let the others come in too" Katherine said.

But still rules were rules.

"But your highness..." Davis hesitated but let the other two inside after looking at their eyes. Mark was left out as he didn't held any special position.

Davis can't refuse someone from the Grand Duke's family because it was an order from the previous Empress and the other person was the descendent of the black dragon, his power was faint but it was still there.

The four went inside and Mark was left to guard outside.

Well, he didn't have a choice but to do that.

"So first of all we have to find the Prime minister" said Katherine as they went farther inside the castle.

The castle was neat, adorned with sparkling mana stones, restricted by magic so as not to get stolen.