Chapter 10

Alisteir's POV

Today was the day when Kathy was going to the academy and that means I will not be able to see her for nearly eight years.

I can't go to visit her today as my sister got a fever in the morning and now it was evening which means she would have already left.

I put my tea cup down and smiled at it but frowned again.You maybe thinking why I frowned , it's because of the news that I got just now which was given by no other than Ivan who came and disturbed me.

Ivan just came with a shocking news and after dropping the sword on my head he left in a hurry why? I don't know.

But the bothering thing was what he said.

He told that Xander was successful in persuading the Duke to get engaged to Kathy.

I should not say this but to that devil, the Grand Duke must have hit his head somewhere.

My sister came to the garden and said maybe after seeing my frowning face "Don't worry little brother I will help you"

I turned red when I got to know what she was talking about and tried to clarify thing but I stuttered "Wh-wha-what are you talkin-"

"Leave it for another time Alis do you think that you can keep secrets from your sister" I looked down at her words after all she was my elder sister so obviously she might have noticed but was it so obvious.

"So when your lover is going to come beck we will please her" she said.

"But sister-"

"No buts brother, I will not let my brother be sad and also I will not let you lose infront of the others" she said and again went inside.

I wonder what she is going to do but seeing my sister's personality I bet it's not going to be good.

I sighed and also went inside.

Xander's POV

I left the Ecart mansion with a smirk on my face. You can't blame me but Lucas' face was worth seeing when he heard about the engagement.

I might have gotten engaged to her but the other's are not going to give up that easily and Lucas also will do anything to break this engagement so I need to be careful.

Drake's POV

I was doing my regular sword practice in the even while thinking about Kathy's departure when I got a letter from Ivan and what was inside was the most shocking news.

It said that Xander has gotten engaged to Kathy but it's not official yet.

I wonder what he did for the Grand Duke to suddenly change his mind because the last time I saw him he was really firm with not getting Kathy engaged to anyone.

I put the letter aside and again started my training but in reality I was thinking about something else. I hope Xander will keep Kathy happy because if not I will not forgive him.

This is really upsetting news, even if we all are friends but we all want Kathy's attention all to ourselves and yes that includes me too.

Even me and Kathy fight but in reality we are good buddies.

Xander has another story with her, he for getting her attention always annoys her and what's funny is that she still mostly ignores him but this cannot deny the fact that whenever Xander is around most of the time her attentions keeps on him.

Ivan must be fuming at this time.

Katherine's POV

I reached the academy in a few days and it was huge, like a castle huge .

Today was going to be the entrance ceremony for the new students so after giving my bags to Anne who will take them to my room I went to the hall.

We have reached here last night and stayed at a inn nearby so I was fresh. I walk through the corridors, they have ancient carvings on the wall and I can see the beautiful gardens surrounding the academy and there was one more thing that even if the library at the duke's was huge the library of this school was just at another level. I can't wait to see the new books and specially about the dragon history.

I did a happy dance in my head as I sat at my seat in the hall, which was by the way also humongous with many students sitting on plush seats.

The walls were painted a lime green colour with square prints on it .

There was a huge chandelier made of glass in the middle of the hall and small versions of it were scattered here and there. In one way or another it looked beautiful.

Soon the boring speeches started with all those wishes they were giving but didn't pay attention to any of it, instead my mind was wonder towards a silver haired boy who I got engaged to just a few days ago.

I still wonder how he was able to persuade dad, what I know is that what dad said he will do that only barely anyone can change his mind so.

Soon the ceremony and ended and it was time to go to class. I stood up and brushed my dress, it was a simple checkered dress which was ended a two inch below my knees.

I went to the board to check in which class section I am and as I thought I was in S section.

Dad must have did that. I sighed and got going to the class when I saw a commotion in the corridor.

During regular days I will avoid these thing but now they were blocking my way and I don't like being late to the class so I looked what was happening and the thing was not new.

I have heard rumours that dragons don't like humans that much so who is a human that person is inferior in this kingdom.

So you might have guessed what was happening and right a dragon young boy of my age was bullying a human girl whoa was also of my age.

To get rid of the commotion I caught the hand of the boy when he was about to push the girl and jerked him away.