Chapter 5

Rosaline's POV
It's been more than an year and half since that commoner came to my house. She stole everything that was mine, everything.

When she first came I thought that she was no problem as she looked like she doesn't care but now everyone likes her. Dad and even my twin who was the most upset when she arrived.

Now whenever I talk to Lucas or dad they just talk about how great she is. Previously whenever I will go to any banquet the boys and the adults would compliment me but now all they do is stare at my ignorant step -sister or ask me about her.

When everybody got to know that she has too much magic they all started talking about her, now there are just too less people who talk to me. I was supposed to be a princess of my family but she took them away from me.

I am the one special here as I only have the rare light magic , I don't have dark magic which runs in our family.  Why you may ask? It's because centuries ago the heir of our family married a vampire girl but the kids didn't turn out to be vampires. So we are not vampires but we have their blood which makes it usual for us to have dark magic but I don't have it so I am special, I am pure.

Katherine you are gonna pay for what you did, I don't care if you did it knowingly or unknowingly but you will pay.

I was currently sitting inside my father's office because he has to tell us something, waiting for my brother and sister to come-

The door opened and I frowned seeing Katherine with Lucas, he was my brother he should be with me not with that freak who always read books, what lady does that such a disgrace.

When they both were seated dad spoke "I called you three here because there are some engagement proposal's for you" .

When said that I can't help but smile, I wonder who send them.

When I looked at Katherine and she has her emotionless face like always but you can see the disapproval in her eyes if you look really closely.

"Well, don't worry Kathy they are not for you, well It's not like they didn't send but I just denied them" dad said when he saw her face, I think he was also looking closely. Lucas also looked relieved, was there something that I don't know.

After Lucas also said that it is to early for him to get engaged dad gave me a file to look. As I thought many kings and dukes have sent the proposal.

"You can take you time choosing Rosa" dad said but I replied with a smile "I will accept the proposal of prince Ivan dad"

Before dad could reply Kathy said "Are they sent by the boys themselves"

"No, their parents sent them and Rosa I will tell the king this but this engagement will take place when the prince himself agrees and good for you that tomorrow the prince and his friend is visiting in the morning so you can talk" dad said and after telling us some more things and dismissed us.

Katherine's POV

Dad told us about the engagement talks, I was relieved when he said that he refused the talks for my engagement. But the thing that those are coming tommorow upsets me the most.

       _____________________________

Me and Lucas were having tea in the garden when he said to comfort me.

"Hey, don't worry Kathy, they are going to come in the morning and at that time we will be busy with our classes so we don't have to meet them"

I looked at him with my same emotionless expression.

"Hello, Miss Katherine" a voice suddenly called from behind. I looked back and saw Alisteir and Drake coming towards us.

"Why does the Ice cube looks mad today" Drake asked in his usual nonchalant tone.

"It's because of Rosaline's engagement talks" said Lucas.

"So the devil is coming tommorow" said Alisteir.

Since me and Alisteir last talked on my birthday banquet we have become good friends. He oftenly comes to the Duke dom with books for me.

Drake has also become a bit less annoying but he is still a jerk. He always gets on my nerves but I can say that we are friends.

Ivan is a two faced person who is all smiling and gentle from outside but from inside he is a venomous snake who will bite you if you are not careful enough.

The devil on the other hand means Xander who is the most annoying, arrogant and hateful being you can find on the face of the earth. Since the day I have met him he just cause troubles or annoys me , Sometimes he would steal my books and at other time he will not let me enjoy my precious food. I really want to cut his neck sometimes.

He is just too annoying and whenever we meet we are at each others necks if no one else is around. In other words he hates and I hate him the feeling are mutual.

"So what brings you here Alistier" Lucas asked cutting of my thoughts.

"I came here to invite you to my sister tea party next week" he said.

I looked at him. He has a sister!

"You had a sister!" I unconsciously asked.

"Yeah and she is just too overprotective of me so I want you to come and show her that I am capable of being alone and I have made some wonderful friends too" Alisteir said.

"I will surely come" I said, after all he is my friend and even if he is going to fall in love with Rosaline doesn't mean that we can't be friends.

I then looked at Drake "So what bring you here Mr Bull" I asked him. Even though I ignored his comment earlier It's not like I will not say anything.

His face turned red with anger but he couldn't do anything so he just laughed and said in a sarcastic tone "Oh, how funny you are ice cube"

"Indeed I am" I replied in the same tone to annoy him but in real we were just both having fun and in the end we both chuckled at our stupidity.

"You have become more open these days" said Lucas smiling.

Well, it's true that I can't keep my cold demeanour always as I had a bubbly personality in my previous life and if you talk about it these male leads are not that bad . Except some. She sighed inside her head and listened to the others conversation in between teasing Drake a little.