Chapter 16

Xander looked at the sweet sleeping Katherine in his hands as he carried her to the couch to bring her home.

Her face glowed in the moon light and all that he wanted to do was to keep her in his arms forever and stare at the soo innocent face of hers. Even the fact that this girl possess deadly powers but still is not a bit currupted, never saw someone dying and never killed anyone.

He soon reached the Grand Duke's mansion and brought her to her room and put her on her bed and as he was about to leave she caught his hand. He looked at her sleeping figure and chuckled "Irene even if you want I can't stay here because you will surely kill me if you found me here the next morning"

After saying this he gently pulled out his hand from her hands and went out.

____________________________

Lucas reached home after the party ended and went straight to his sister's room to see her but was disappointed to find Xander coming out of it .

"What are you doing here?" he asked him.

Xander looked at Lucas and said "I brought her back home"

"You know you should take care of your sister, today she fell asleep in the garden, it's good that I saw her otherwise what if something happened"

"The biggest danger to her is you" Lucas said.

"Oh you hurt me my friend" Xander replied.

"Now why don't you go back to the palace" Lucas said to Xander to which he just shrugged and said "You don't know that I am staying here till we go to the academy in a few days"

With that he took his leave to go to his room.

____________________________

The next day Katherine woke up fresh and looked around and found herself in her room.

How do I get here, I remember falling asleep in the garden while talking with Xander.

She stood up and saw Anne caming inside.

"Miss you are awake" she as she she saw me awake.

"Yes, but how did I get here Anne"

"Oh his highness prince Xander brought the lady home last night after she fell asleep in the garden" Anne said as she pulled out a dress for her to wear.

Katherine can see the expression change on Anne's face and knew what was about to come and in.

1

2

3

"Miss, you know how dangerous it is to fall asleep in the garden at night, when will you learn to be careful and be like a lady" she scolded her.

Katherine as always turned a blind eye to Anne's scolding and got ready for the day.

Come to think of it, when she first came to this family she fell asleep in the library and Lucas brought her to her room and now when she reurned after so many years she fell asleep in the garden and Xander brought her home. What a dead coincidence.

After getting ready Anne informed her "Miss, the breakfast is ready and everyone is waiting for you downstairs"

"Ok"

"You know that the lady's friends missed her so much that they all can't wait anymore to meet her so they they came today early in the morning"

At Anne's words Katherine's eyes widened in shock and she thought.
WHAT!?.

_________________________

In the dining room a staring contest was going on between Lucas and Xander as there was only one seat left for Katherine to sit and it was between Rosa and Lucas making Xander to get upset.

You can say the same thing about the others but they didn't show it on their faces as they have no right to do so. Doesn't matter if they like the girl or not , the girl was Xander's fiancée and Lucas' sister on the other hand they were just friends not having any other special ties with the said girl.

Katherine entered the dining room to find Lucas and Xander glaring at each other.

Unaware that it was her on which they were like this she just sat at the seat between her siblings.

Soon they all started eating without saying anything. After having their meal Katherine said "I have brought some gifts for everyone"

The gloomy eyes of the people because she didn't said anything the whole breakfast lit up.

Xander looked at her curiously wondering what surprise this fiancée of his will give him today.

She pulled out blush pink silk fabric from her personal space. The fabric was just as soft as a cloud printed with white snowflakes . It looked expensive.

She passed this fabric to Rosa "This is for you sister, I didn't knew your size otherwise I would have brought a dress but now you can make one of your interest with this fabric"

Rosa hesitantly took the fabric from her hands. The fabric was fine quality, something you can't find here but she was reluctant to take it as she was still not fond of her sister who always steals the limelight wherever she goes.

After giving the fabric to her maid Rosa muttered a small thank you.

Katherine then took out a book which looked really old but kept with well care. She extended the book towards Alisteir and said "I heard you like to know history so I got this book for you"

Alisteir took the book happily and said thank you with a bright smile on his face.

"This is for you" she said after taking out a cape from the space and giving it to her father "It has a protection spell on it so it someone attacks from back it will make the impact the least"

She said this all with a straight face and the Duke also took the cape with a straight face but inside he was busting with happiness as he can feel that the spell put on it was by Kathy herself.

She then took out a pen that was from her modern world and gave it to Ivan "It is from a far land and someone asked me to test it and as you have so much paperwork so you test it and tell how is it" .

She said it also with a cold voice but looking at the pen the others were still jealous, she didn't even knew that after she will go back to her room or step out of here alone, everyone will start comparing her gifts with each other.

A/n: These are two updates for this week as I was not able to post for two weeks previously. I hope you enjoy it.