Chapter 12

Katherine's POV

I was walking in the garden to keep my mind at peace and be away from some utterly annoying people.

The garden was a quiet remote place that I found just after a few days of me arriving here. It was a good place to escape the chattering maids of the haughty dragon nobles.

The girl that I saved that day was also the daughter of a dragon noble but somehow she doesn't give off the dragon aura and is said that she doesn't have a dragon spirit.

I will be lying if I said that she was not a nice girl.Her name is Xia and she often brings me different blends of my favourite teas.

On the other hand that Prince Carlos has proved himself to be Xander's twin brother in this past one year. The place where I am talking a walk, no one comes here as it is on the darker side.

There are often rumours that dangerous spirits reside here but I barely care. I can easily fight of anyone with my magic until it is not a matter of phisycal strength.

I sat at the old wooden bench which creaked as I sat.

Suddenly their was a loud sound came from the bushes. It was sound of an animal screaming.

Alerted I stood up and went towards the bush and there were a dog and a cat severely wounded and there were traces of light and dark magic surrounding them.

I still don't know much but when you combine dark and light magic it can be disastrous and can cause an explosion worst than the atom bombs from my previous world.

Well, I was afraid of animals in my past life and now also. No matter how cute they are or how harmless they are,I can't bring myself to touch them. Hell I never touched even a butterfly in my past world.

I was contemplating what to do because whatever is to be done should be done quickly as they seemed in a really bad condition.

I then thought to heal them without touching them, It will take more time than we touch them but I am still a lot afraid.

As I neared my hands on the head of both the animals, they stirred and before I can retract my hand they both bit into my wrist.

I looked at them bewildered,  I wanted to shout but when they started healing rapidly I stopped.

Soon they both were standing all well as if they were not lying on the ground wounded just a while ago.

"Master" they both said as they bowed. I looked at them surprised.

I have studied about people having familiars but to have two of them was rare occasions.

The villainess doesn't have familiars or, does she?

I again looked at the cat and dog who were sitting obediently in front of me.

The cat was pitch black and has a moon shaped mark on her back which glowed in the darkness  on the other hand the dog was white and has a similar mark on his head but it was of pitch black colour surrounded by a golden rim.

They looked cute. Forgetting my fears I crouched down and patted bother of them and asked "What's your name Mister dog and Miss Cat?"

They both frowned at my words and the dog said first "You have so much courage to call The Legendary Wolf Of Light a dog"

I looked at him surprised, who might have thought that The Legendary Wolf Of Light will be such an adorable little dog.

"You might be my master but you should respect me and my name is Del" the dog I mean wolf said again.

Then as on que that Del has given his introduction the cat spoke "Yeah you have a lot of courage to call The Midnight Tigeress Of Darkness a mere cat" .

I have quite guessed who she was when Del introduced himself. Everybody in this world know about Light and Dark creatures which if you are really really lucky can meet them and they both live together to support each other. More like to balance things.

"And my name is Luna and this dog here is my fiancée " Luna said another surprising news. "I never knew that the Wolf and Tigeress were actually engaged to each other"

"Yeah, We are and it's the only reason we live together otherwise I would have left this dog a long while ago" The cat again answered.

"Did I said it out loud" I asked my self.

"Yeah" the dog spoke.

"So now you are going to live with me" I asked.

They both nodded. It can be a problem because I am still too small to keep familiars and it might cause an uproar but then a thing came to mind and I asked "Aren't I just too small to have a familiar?"

"Yes you are but you have a lot of mana that being your familiar will benefit both parties as we can enhance your powers and you can share your mana with" the dog I mean Del said.

"Basically you will become ten time more stronger" Luna said.

"But I can keep you as" Before I could finish Luna said "Don't worry, It's only you who can see us until you want someone else to and we can also live in your mind or-"

She looked at Del and they both transformed into children of my age "We can transform into our human form"

My jaw dropped at their powers. I also have shapeshifting magic but I don't know how to use it.

It might be good opportunity to learn new things thinking that I agreed to the contract they created with me when they bit me not knowing that now the little peace that I sometimes get will be also gone because in just one or two days later they started bickering with each other in my mind giving me a severe headache.