Chapter 42

"There is no need"

All heads whipped to the direction of the voice. There stood a man.

"Who are you?" asked Xander pulling out his sword and putting it at his neck.

"Woah, man chill, she is fine and will be here in a few minutes" the man said as he backed away from the sword.

"But who are you?" it was Lucas who asked this time.

"Oh don't mind me I am no one" the man said and walked towards the Grand Duke who was just calmly looking at him.

"Hey, Selueous long time no see" the man said.

"Quit goofing around" Selueous said. A demon can never be trusted and definitely not at this point in time.

The man went and stood behind Selueous quietly.

A moment after the door opened with a bang and a cold Katherine with an utterly overbearing aura walked in.

She went straight to the Grand Duke and asked "Who were my parents and what is all this about my biological brother".

Her voice was menacing,  she remains cold but it was their first time seeing her like this, someone who resembled the angry Xander perfectly.

'What a match made in heaven, both are the same' thought Rosaline as she glanced at her so called sister.

Yeah she was still not fond of her.

Selueous kind of expected this as the demon was also here.

"How are you Lady Katherine?" asked the man.

Katherine turned her gaze towards him.

"You are the demon..... I met when I was little" she said.

"I am honoured that you remember me, let me introduce myself, I am Davan Satan, your mother's younger brother" the man introduced himself.

"My mother?" she asked.

"Yes, your mother, the one and only Queen of the Demons, of the land of Demonica, Her Highness, The Sun of Demonica, Raven Satan" Davan said.

"So the pendent was from the demon land" she muttered to herself.

"And your father-" the Grand Duke started.

"- was my older brother Drake Ecart, due to some misunderstandings we were separated but when we finally cleared them he was assassinated while protecting me, I know you think he abandoned you but he didn't, his last wish was that I should keep his kids and his wife safe."

"But Raven ran away after his death and till I found her it was too late, I can't save her but I wanted to save you"

Katherine looked towards him with a whirlpool of questions in her eyes.

"What does it have to do with my brother?"

"Even though it was a misunderstanding, to maintain peace, your father was ready to hand over the duchy to me but his son was disappointed with his decision"

"My brother like Rosaline, had the light attribute and your brother just like you was half light and half dark." the Grand Duke told.

"His desire of power so overpowered him that his light was totally engulfed by the darkness residing inside him and he went berserk, to gain power he sent assassins to kill his own uncle but in the process died his father" it was Davan who said this.

"He killed his mother in hopes of becoming the Demon king but your mother before she died made you the sole heir to the demon throne"

"So now he is after me so that he can get the throne but I think that it would be better to just have me renounce the throne that killing me, and if he asked mother for it, if he was capable mother would surely give it to him, he surely has gone insane" she wispered.

Everyone was shocked as they took in the information but Katherine just stared at Davan.

The tension was thick.

"So you are my cousin" said Rosaline.

"And this Duchy truly belongs to her" The Grand Duke said.

Lucas already knew his father's intentions to hand over the Duchy to Katherine but the thing that she was his cousin was really shocking and the thing that he had an uncle, whose name he never heard of was more shocking.

Xander just stared at Katherine, his queen.

"Find him" he shouted.

"I want to myself cut his head off".

Rage was the only thing that can be seen in Xander's eyes as Katherine looked at him.

"No, I bet his sanity is being overpowered by the darkness he can't control" she said.

"Find where he is and Keep him alive" she firmly said before dragging Xander away with her to her room.

After reaching her room Katherine released Xander's wrist and stood in front of him.

"Katherine, what are you doing, he kille-"

She gave him a peck on the lips suddenly and he shut up.

Xander looked at Katherine like she is sick but soon a sinister smile played on his lips.

"Are you trying to seduce me, Irene"

"I have no idea of what you are saying" said Katherine while looking him straight in the eye.

"So you are playing a game you don't know about, then you know it's more dangerous" he leaned closer and claimed her lips with a kiss.

Katherine did nothing but just hugged him. Soon Xander pulled away looking her lovingly.

"Xander, please stay with me forever, will you?" she asked sobbing in his chest.

"Don't worry Irene, you can never get rid of me, I will follow you till the depths of hell" he said as he hugged her.

After sometime they pulled away.

"I will be outside, you get changed and have a little rest" with this Xander pecked her lips and went out.

Katherine after he went out changed into some fresh clothes.

She then pulled out the box with her mother's belongings and then her mother's letter that she yet hasn't read.

She opened the envelope and the first thing she saw was a picture of her mother with a man who might be her father.

She traced her fingers on her parents portrait and then pulled out another picture.

Now the picture was of a small boy, no more than eight years of age with same hairs as her and dull red eyes.

He should be her brother. In the picture the boy looked cheerful.

There was one more family portrait with the three of them and if you look closely,  you can see the baby bump.

So that means, it was the photo of their family as a whole.

A date was written behind it saying death, maybe her dad's death date, so when her dad died her brother was just eight years old.

She knew this because the day when the photo was clicked was also written on it and it was just the day before her father's death.

Then she took out the letter and read it.